Respected Contributor

I thought by now,my broken thumb would start to look and feel better.i am still wearing a thumb stint,and was told atleast another 2 more wks.yikes!kinda hard to do certain things at both work places

Valued Contributor

I can sympathize..I broke wrist last October and had to have a titanium plate put in. The bones healed quickly but I still had nerve  pain so I had the plate removed. That was 3 months ago and I STILL have discomfort. I guess having 2 procedures in 7 months was tough on my wrist.  I'm praying for the day I no longer think about it. Dr said to give it a year to a year and a half....ugh.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam @Carol Diane Wishing you both good progress in healing. I know how uncomfortable and frustrating the process can be.

Respected Contributor

sorry you are having a difficult time, best wishes for a full recovery soon

Respected Contributor

@Carol Diane  wrote:I can sympathize..I broke wrist last October and had to have a titanium plate put in. The bones healed quickly but I still had nerve  pain so I had the plate removed. That was 3 months ago and I STILL have discomfort. I guess having 2 procedures in 7 months was tough on my wrist.  I'm praying for the day I no longer think about it. Dr said to give it a year to a year and a half....ugh.

Best wishes for your full recovery also, I know what it's like to go through several procedures in a short period of time. I had a right knee replacement Sept 2019, knee replacement parts removed June 2020 due to a staff infection then a second knee replacement Sept 2020. There is still swelling in my knee but it's much better so hang in there, God Bless ! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Broken thumb

[ Edited ]

@Carol Diane 

I also feel your pain, I'm dealing with a broken wrist now on my dominant hand, of course!

It's amazing how many things you can't do with just one hand, isn't it?

I hope we're all better soon!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom ...lucky us, it is my dominant hand too. I've become a righthanded pro. The only thing I could not do with that hand was write.  I could put eyeliner on though....go figure!