Honored Contributor
I went to dentist last week and going back on Tuesday to have some work done.

Not concerned at all.
Trusted Contributor

@cuddlesmama  Yes, I think you're overreacting. I've had to go to the dentist five times since May. Two crowns, two visits each, then a separate issue. No problems. Dental offices are very careful about protection. Definitely get the dental work done that you need. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

2 weeks ago I noticed that my 3rd tooth in the front had a crack in it I don't even know how it happened. I have good teeth and never had any major problems. Well, I called the dentist and started thinking about the Covid-19 and got scared and cancelled the appointment. Well, today as I was eating an orange a small  part of my tooth broke. So i immediately called the dentist and I have an appointment next Monday. It doesn't hurt at all. I am still nervous about going to the dentist, but Ii  have no choice this time. The receptionist said they are booked up like crazy and I was lucky to get an appointment so soon. Am I over reacting on going to the dentist?

@cuddlesmama 

You need help ....  What's the alternative?   

Trusted Contributor

The dentist is more at risk than the patient. You'll be fine.

Respected Contributor

First, I want to say thank you for responding to my post and giving me positive  feedback. I went to the dentist yesterday and all precautions were taken. I had to call from my car had my temp taken and had my tooth fixed and it looks great. The dental assistant said that fear on going to the dentist is still real among many people and that at this time it is normal to be anxious. I felt very safe and relaxed. When I went in there was noone sitting in the waiting area. It looked like they were letting one person in until they were called into the dentist and probably another was called in. Anyway, I had a positive experience and am going back next month for a filling that part had broken off.

Trusted Contributor

i chipped my front tooth months before covid hit and i called right away and got in a few days later.. they told me not to wait because i may chip it more. 2 weeks after my dentist opened back up i made my dental appt... i wasnt worried at all... they have always practiced safety in there, and i figure i can get covid just as easy going to the supermarket etc... or at work... covid is scary, and i even work in a hospital... but im not going to stop living my life etc.. i understand the older people being worried... and in the beginning i was even food shopping for my mom.. but no one can just baracade themselves inside permanently... am i scared of getting it and giving it to my mom... of course i think everyone is, escepially since you can have it and not even know... thats the scary part of it... but i still have things i must do.. like errands, i have to go out to do my laundry etc... and i still work in a hospital and have to go to work...  i think covid will always be around.. even when a shot comes out.. will it be 100%.... no.. the flu shot isn't. there's so many different strains its crazy...

Valued Contributor

Me, too.

Canceled April check up. Went two weeks ago and X-ray showed several cracks in the back tooth.Temporary in now and will return this week for the crown. Dentist has many precautions in place.

Respected Contributor

When I went to the dentist 2 weeks ago  to have my broken tooth fixed and I paid for the bill ( I have no insurance) before I left that is there new policy now due to Covid, well that is a alright with me. But I left only with a copy of my charge card bill 2 days later it dawned on me that I never got a receipt of my bill that I wanted to see to make sure I wasn't charge a Covid charge and plus I wanted to see what he charged for services rendered. So I called and asked if they could send me a copy of the bill. The Secretary said  alright if you really want it. I said yes I want it. Well, a week went by and I never received it. I paid $330.00. I feel I have the right to have the bill. If I had insurance you bet they would of sent me the bill. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks

Trusted Contributor

I have the same problem. I recently broke part of a tooth off.  Just wondering how one can be safe from coronavirus with their mouth open to be worked on though?  

Honored Contributor

Yes.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."