Occasional Contributor

Has anyone developed a rash on only one breast?  I am imagining all kinds of bad things!

Honored Contributor

No I never have and I'm not a medical professional but I have a strong feeling what that is is not breast cancer.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you.  Just hearing a positive opinion made me feel better.  I just had a skin cancer removed on my chest, so I am pretty paranoid.

Honored Contributor

If I were you I would just try to relax about it but see your doctor as soon as you can for peace of mind.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry this is a worry for you.  A lot of things to fret about after cancer.

If it was a very recent surgery I would first wonder about swabbing  solutions or dressings.  I have had bad luck with those.  If so, make sure they know these are causing allergy problems.

Valued Contributor

Please have it checked out asap.  I do not want to scare you -- but having had breast cancer I know how important early detection is.  There can be many causes for your rash.  Unfortunately one is IBC -- Inflammatory Breast Cancer.  Many people do not even know about it.  A friend's mother had it years ago -- was diagnosed early -- and is fine.  Believe me -- I know very well how scary symptoms can be.  IBC is not common -- but PLEASE get it ruled out as soon as you can.

"You may not associate breast cancer with redness or a skin rash, but in the case of inflammatory breast cancer (IBC), a rash is an early symptom. This is an aggressive form of breast cancer that affects the skin and lymph vessels of the breast. Unlike other types of breast cancer, IBC doesn’t usually cause lumps. However, your breasts may become swollen, warm, and appear red. The rash may resemble clusters of insect bites, and it’s not unusual to have itchiness."

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Have you changed soap?  Perhaps you scratched an itch in the night.  I got a rash ? under ONE rubbing on Breeze band with the underwire.  A rash doesn't sound very serious - but keep a watch on it.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your input everyone.  I have been trying to think of any reason I can to have it be "nothing".  I started an antibiotic after the squamous cell cancer removal, but I don't think I would have such a localized reaction.  Anyways, I ended up calling the doctor and I have an appointment tomorrow morning!  Fingers crossed and prayers all is okayI

Honored Contributor

@Cardinals97 wrote:

Thank you for your input everyone.  I have been trying to think of any reason I can to have it be "nothing".  I started an antibiotic after the squamous cell cancer removal, but I don't think I would have such a localized reaction.  Anyways, I ended up calling the doctor and I have an appointment tomorrow morning!  Fingers crossed and prayers all is okayI

@Cardinals97

Sending prayers your way. Glad you have an appt tomorrow, It could be from the antibiotic. Did you search breast rash and the name of antibiotic to see if anything comes up or see if a rash is a side effect? Hope everything goes smooth plus get an answer tomorrow so you can relax.

Honored Contributor

Shingles?