Esteemed Contributor

Prodigy, thanks for the input!

I know I do stuff with my right arm that would make it slightly stronger than my left. My hand also.

I never considered stairs, curbs, etc. for my left lower body.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor
You're welcome. It's based only on how it feels to me, nothing scientific or anything.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Right, Prodigy, in this case, that's what counts!

I couldn't figure out why my left lower body couldn't complete a set when I increased my weights.

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor
On 11/21/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 11/21/2014 terrier3 said:

I'm right handed and my left side has always been slightly weaker.

My trainer has always indicated that people "favor" one side over the other...which is why he works on my form on my "weaker side."

Since you just raised your weights, I'm sure both sides will stabilize as you get stronger.

Just keep at it and remember that when it gets easy - it's time to go up!

Terrier, do you or Psycho Matt see a reason that you would favor the right lower body over the left?

That's what I'm not getting.

Because if you are right handed, you favor the entire right side of your body, not just your hand.

Contributor

I had an injury to my right back/waist/pelvis area many years ago. Some of the muscles involved atrophied and lost a lot of strength on the left side. It was too painful to use the muscles so they shriveled up and got weak. The muscles on my right side are very strong from being constantly contracted to protect themselves. At least that's my theory. In a nutshell, weakness on one side is a muscle imbalance.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/23/2014 terrier3 said:
On 11/21/2014 HonnyBrown said:
On 11/21/2014 terrier3 said:

I'm right handed and my left side has always been slightly weaker.

My trainer has always indicated that people "favor" one side over the other...which is why he works on my form on my "weaker side."

Since you just raised your weights, I'm sure both sides will stabilize as you get stronger.

Just keep at it and remember that when it gets easy - it's time to go up!

Terrier, do you or Psycho Matt see a reason that you would favor the right lower body over the left?

That's what I'm not getting.

Because if you are right handed, you favor the entire right side of your body, not just your hand.

Thanks terrier. I wasn't seeing how frequently I use my right leg in ways that Prodigy mentioned.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/23/2014 nailmaven said:

I had an injury to my right back/waist/pelvis area many years ago. Some of the muscles involved atrophied and lost a lot of strength on the left side. It was too painful to use the muscles so they shriveled up and got weak. The muscles on my right side are very strong from being constantly contracted to protect themselves. At least that's my theory. In a nutshell, weakness on one side is a muscle imbalance.

Thanks nail. That situation (injury/muscle atrophy) doesn't apply to here.