Respected Contributor

Body Aches and Joint pain 2.5 weeks out from second Pfizer vaccine?

Had leg aches and  hip pain last night. Not terrible but couldn't sleep and Aleve helped. Feeling much better this morning.

Has anyone ever heard of side effects of the vaccine coming back this far out?

They were the same side effects I felt after second vaccination. Just milder this time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Body Aches and Joint pain 2.5 weeks out from second Pfizer vaccine?

That, along with many other reasons, is why I'm not getting the vaccine!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

OK

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Had leg aches and  hip pain last night. Not terrible but couldn't sleep and Aleve helped. Feeling much better this morning.

They were the same side effects I felt after second vaccination. Just milder this time.

I'm presently "celebrating" one month of having been diagnosed with Covid. I was actively sick about 3 weeks.

From what I have been told, your experience is in the normal/average range of reactions.

After having had my "mild" case of Covid, I can tell you that if the reaction to the shot was 100 times worse than yours, I'd be FIRST IN LINE TO GET MINE.

I apparently have to wait for a couple months to become eligible for vaccination. Trust me, as soon as I'm eligible I'll be banging on their door.

Respected Contributor

Body aches do not seem a reason to avoid a vaccine.  One's body is probably having the immune system adapt to a foreign substance.

If you are older or more frail, it may be a little more difficult or take more time.

We all know that the virus can be fatal quite easily--it is much more rare for a vaccine to be fatal!!

The US chose to vaccinate the oldest first because they have the highest risk of death from the virus.

Respected Contributor

@violann wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I'm presently "celebrating" one month of having been diagnosed with Covid. I was actively sick about 3 weeks.

From what I have been told, your experience is in the normal/average range of reactions.

After having had my "mild" case of Covid, I can tell you that if the reaction to the shot was 100 times worse than yours, I'd be FIRST IN LINE TO GET MINE.

I apparently have to wait for a couple months to become eligible for vaccination. Trust me, as soon as I'm eligible I'll be banging on their door.

I am glad that you are recovering....sounds miserable. I am very glad to have gotten the vaccine.

Respected Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Body aches do not seem a reason to avoid a vaccine.  One's body is probably having the immune system adapt to a foreign substance.

If you are older or more frail, it may be a little more difficult or take more time.

We all know that the virus can be fatal quite easily--it is much more rare for a vaccine to be fatal!!

The US chose to vaccinate the oldest first because they have the highest risk of death from the virus.

I am very grateful to have gotten the vaccine. I am in my 60's. I went on-line and it sounds like my experience is not unusual. Well worth it but I was wondering if others had the same thing happen. I thought maybe I was coming down with something but it was gone in several hours.

Honored Contributor

I had absolutely zero effects from the vaccine.  Didn't even have a sore arm.  I get more from the annual flu shot.  I wouldn't consider NOT getting the vaccine.  It beats dying.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

@wonderfulworld @Just happened to a friend of mine and there are mentions of this online in some news articles.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper 

From what I have heard on many newscasts, many around the country seem to not be going with the "elders first plan". 

Have heard prisoners/teachers(many not in a classroom/Congress, and others. Why!  I'll keep that to myself.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)