Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue light blocking glasses

After my cataracts when I had eye problems, I reasearched and talked to my doc and there is no real science or medical support for the blue.

If it is just plain lens you are looking for, all the OTC lens are poorly ground and may give you more problems.

Might try drops, or having your eyes tested or just the usual glance away.

Readers are a whole other thing.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3   I have Windows 10.  I'm sorry it's not available in Windows 8 for you; I think I'm going to really appreciate it; I've had a bad time with sore / burning eyes since getting this laptop five or six months ago.

Contributor

Would you mind sharing what brand of blue light blocking glasses you use? I also have a small face and need a smaller frame.

Thank you

Contributor

@gabstoomuch 

Would you mind sharing what brand of blue light blocking glasses you use?

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Still Raining -- I asked my opthamalogist about blue-blocking glasses and he laughed.  He told me it's not harmful to wear them, but they don't do any good either.  He told me to wear them if I want, but there's no benefit in blue-blocking lenses.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Hi @Mitchell    

I went browsing around the internet and came across an interesting website: CYXUS dot com. Never heard of them, but at least their website is substantial and they have a phone number (!!!). Prices seem reasonable and they offer prescription blueblockers as well.

Please take a peek and tell us what you think.