Contributor

Can anyone recommend a good brand of blue light blocking glasses? I see that there are several brands on QVC, but I am not sure which to try.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue light blocking glasses

What I do to block blue light on my devices is turn on and adjust the Night Light feature. When you turn it on you can adjust the level of blue light so your screen is easier on the eyes, less strain. The Night Light can be used all the time and not just at night.  Most devices have this type of adjustment on them. There's really no need to buy special glasses.

Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't buy them on QVC. There are many more choices at another shopping site that starts with A and has a smiley face logo and lots of delivery trucks.

If you wear glasses normally you can have your lens made into blue ray blocking. That is what my son did)

If you don't wear glasses but need readers, you just get them according to what strength readers you use.

If your eyes are still seeing great, or you wear contacts, just get plain blue ray bocking glasses.(no strength)

Pick frames that you know would look good on your face, or style that you like. Sort of like buying sunglasses or getting new frames. Not all styles look good on every face. I have a tiny face so I always have to get smaller rectangular frames or my whole face is covered. Some people like big frames. It is all personal choice.

The lens are just clear. I read a lot of reviews and went with a pair that had many people say they really felt the difference in how their eyes did not get as tired.

There are amber colored lens glasses too that some say block better but I don't like looking through amber lens. Another personal choice.

Respected Contributor

I bought some no-name glasses. The blue light-blocking helps, but the frames become uncomfortable after a while. If you can go out, I would go to a local optical shop and try on the frames. Call around first because prices vary greatly.

If you can't go out, I would try something like Warby-Parker online where you can get 5 frames to try on before ordering your glasses.

Do you need any lens correction for your computer?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   Thank you for the recommendation.   I found Night Light settings on my laptop and will be using it from now on.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr        @SilleeMee         My laptop is Windows 8.1. I can't find a Night Light setting. Where should I look? It's not in control panel. Did that start with Windows 10?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3 

Look at your Settings and find Display under the System section. You should see the Night Light toggle there. Let me know if you find it.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee @ValuSkr         Not there. I Googled the question and it started with Windows 10. Third party applications are available for Windows 8, but I'll pass.

Great suggestion. I have it on my phone, but I spend 80% of online time on my laptop. 

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

When I google night light for Win8.1 I see that there is one. I says you can find it under Display. IDK

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee I must have an unusually shy laptop. Either all the lights on or all the lights off. Very few options in Display. Smiley Embarassed