Honored Contributor

Re: Blue Light Blocking Glasses

@Goldengate8361 

Why would you think that?   They work wonders for those of us who experience eye strain because we spend many hours a day on our computers and just don't have the ability to walk away from the computer to rest our eyes.  

Esteemed Contributor

Many smartphones and tablets have blue light filters. 

Respected Contributor

I love my blue light blocking glasses.  The have definitely helped my eyes.  I live on my computer for work.  I noticed almost an immediate difference. 
I don't need regular glasses or contacts, only readers.  

Contributor

@nyc1  Can I ask what brand of blue light readers you use? I am looking to buy a pair for myself.

Thanks

Respected Contributor

@Mitchell   I've bought a couple but really like the PRIVE REVAU that are the TSV today.   I truly have noticed a HUGE difference and no longer get any eye strain.   They are very comfortable, well made and they do the trick!

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I adjust the light on my devices by setting it to Night Light On. That way I can also adjust the blue light level and reduce it down. Most all electronic devices have a night light setting and I use it all the time, even during the day so my eyes don't get strained. No special blue light glasses needed.

Hello,

I have done this too, for years. I even watch TV at night with sunglasses on.

But that started before computers. There’s something about my eyes that make them super sensitive to light.

For example, when I step outside during the day, I automatically shield my eyes,

But all that “protection” has not stopped my eyesight from deteriorating 

at all!

Each eye’s vision is completely different....

I read books (or whatnot)  with only 1 eye, same eye as watches TV.

The lazy left eye is rarely used, unless I cover my right eye,

I should wear a patch over my left eye, but as a senior I think I’d look very silly! 

Maybe if there were feminine looking patches, lol.