Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bland tasteing food for the sick

@sarahpanda @KingstonsMom - Maybe offer a cup of bone broth for nourishment.Heart

Honored Contributor

Have you tried any type of baby food?  Even the baby rice cereal?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry you are going through this. Is he starting to have trouble chewing and swallowing? Will he eat vanilla yogurt or pudding? Will he take a little pureed in a blender food or soup? Any low salt soup will be blander or almost no flavor tasting.Just puree it up. What about oatmeal with a little extra water so it is not thick? I'll be thinking of you. 

Respected Contributor

milk toast. toast (lightly) and butter, break in a bowl and add warm milk. add more butter to top off. tapioca or rice pudding.

Honored Contributor

The "BRAT" diet is good.  Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast.

Honored Contributor

Boiled custard would also be a good choice.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom   A favorite juice....carrots, apples, fresh ginger, lemon.  Lots of carrots and apples....a little ginger and lemon.  It wouldn't be high in acid.  Just an idea.

Lots of love and support for strength.🌷

Honored Contributor

Take a good apple, cut in half and scrape the flesh with a spoon and feed the pulp.  Adding a few grains of salt might be good--or not.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom, I understand that your DH is also ill.  I want you to know that you both will be in my prayers and devotionals.  I had no idea,  but I do recall thinking that you have such a closely knit and loving family.  All my best wishes.

Honored Contributor

It is a very difficult ,to get your love one to eat ,in the last stages,i have been there with my husband,he passed in 2013, keeping them hydrated is important, i am sorry  for you ,and him.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.