Respected Contributor

Hello I was hoping to talk with some ladies that are using this. Are these prescribed by ones doctor and picked up at local pharmacies??

Creams....pills...patches....how are these dispensed to you?

Can anyone recommend good websites or reading material about it all??

Thank you for any help!

Trusted Contributor
My doctor won't go near them. She says they are not FDA regulated, as such not tested and she can't be sure what dosage you get. I'm going to wait it out until some clinicals come out. Cancer isn't a word i ever want to hear a doctor say to me again.
Contributor

Bio identical hormones are prescribed by a doctor and prepared by a compounding pharmacy. Women's International Pharmacy site has a lot of good information.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
I've used them for many years. My doctor is quite skilled, and I've been to two others who were not. My current HRT doctor is a wellness practice. I've done the saliva tests and the blood tests (these are tests done at home), and they have do be done once a year once you are on an established dose. I use a cream which I buy from a compounding pharmacy. Insurance covers none of this.
Respected Contributor

You can get them as prescription medication too.

Drugs like Estrogel and Prometrium are bioidentical hormones.

Hyacinth

Valued Contributor
On 4/3/2015 jtdmum said: My doctor won't go near them. She says they are not FDA regulated, as such not tested and she can't be sure what dosage you get. I'm going to wait it out until some clinicals come out. Cancer isn't a word i ever want to hear a doctor say to me again.
You may wish to recheck your info....
Valued Contributor
On 4/3/2015 hyacinth003 said:

You can get them as prescription medication too.

Drugs like Estrogel and Prometrium are bioidentical hormones.

Hyacinth

Exactly! Vivelle is bio and approved by fda!
Honored Contributor

Check out the reviews for Smoky Mountain Naturals on Amazon. My doctor approves, too.

Frequent Contributor
On 4/3/2015 Jbar said:

Bio identical hormones are prescribed by a doctor and prepared by a compounding pharmacy. Women's International Pharmacy site has a lot of good information.

This is where I get mine as well. My Naturopath prescribed it. I use an estradiol supposiyory once a week, and it cured my irritated bladder. Also, my regular Dr is fine with it this treatment.
Frequent Contributor
I have been using bio-identical hormones for years. I get my blood checked twice yearly, and I have also had the 24 hour urine test done. My bio identicals (bi-est cream and progesterone capsules) are compounded by a compounding pharmacy. I go to a wonderful doctor that I found through Women's international Pharmacy. My PCP is fine with my treatment.