Valued Contributor

Re: Best walking cane suggestions, please.

I was given a 4 footed one in rehab when I was learning to walk again..very stable.I try not to use it now ..but I do take it with me..It's also  great to get in and out of the bath tub/shower.

Respected Contributor

I would think a multi-prong cane would be nice, just being able to let go of it momentarily after you need both hands to move or lift something or after sitting it stands on its own and doesn't fall over or you don't have to lean it against something. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH started using a cane several years ago but we both hate the metal ones. I ordered him 3 beautiful canes from a maker in the Ukraine. The canes were surprisingly inexpensive for the workmanship but the shipping was expensive ( hence 3 with one shipping fee). He loves all 3 and they came in less than 2 weeks.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda  not sure what your need is for the cane, but I just wanted to pass along if you needed something to help with some balance and be something beautiful, there is a company that sells canes (and crutch covers)  they are interesting and gorgeous - the canes come in three sizes (sm, m, l).  If you wanted to check it, the name of the company is orthoglam.  and then add the .com.  you can browse what there is - sells via amazon.   they are out of stock of some of their items, more inventory is on the way so not everything is showing at this moment on amazon. 

Honored Contributor

I have a "Hurrycane" a 3 footed cane that can stand alone and is adjustable in height.  I purchased it when I hurt my foot last year and although I can walk OK without it, I LOVE it and continue to use it.  I feel more secure having it and it comes in handy in various situations!!

Trusted Contributor

@moonandthestars ...Thank you kindly for your suggestion.

Respected Contributor

The best I've found are over on Amazon. Brazos..."Brazos Walking Sticks is a family operated business offering handcrafted walking sticks and canes all over the United States. They are located in the beautiful Brazos River Valley area of central Texas, where they have been producing high-quality, hand-made walking sticks, hiking staffs, and walking canes for over 20 years." Great quality and great assortment.I have 2 and enjoy using them. They look good too!

Honored Contributor

Aren't all canes walking canes?
Esteemed Contributor

I bought a "Campbell Cane". It was designed by an orthopedic DR. It is adjustable and folds up.

I usd it in Disney World and had people stop and ask me where I got it....