Honored Contributor

I have not noticed any more facial hair than normal. But my lashes and brows seem to be growing longer and I think they are darker, too. But I have had some of my facial hair (upper lip) permanently removed years ago so that part I can't say if it would affect the hair right there. My nails grow like weeds. @FLGators

Respected Contributor

Re: Bamboo extract

[ Edited ]

Viviscal has been around for a long time. When it first came out, I took It for at least 6 months and it did nothing for my hair.  And it was expensive. 

Biotin does nothing for my hair either, although it does make my fingernails grow.

Honored Contributor

Viviscal has horsetail silica in it. Bamboo silica is ten times more potent than that. @ Montana

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Viviscal has horsetail silica in it. Bamboo silica is ten times more potent than that. @ Montana

@SilleeMee I’m going to try the bamboo powder you recommended.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bamboo extract

[ Edited ]

I had a very weird reaction to biotin...it increased the need to p ee lol...so I had my husband take it....nothing bothers him....same thing happened. He was really mad said it was waking him up all night and going twice as much at work Lol! We stopped.

I am interested in the bamboo stuff but admit worried it would do the same thing. For bone health this sounds promising thanks for sharing I have osteopenia and take calcium vit d3 k2 and strontium also.

Valued Contributor

Well, looks like my foray into bamboo powder is postponed.  The package from Amazon arrived yesterday.  There was powder all over the inside of the envelope.  I thought maybe it was a packaging thing but when I went to wipe the pouch off with a damp paper towel the powder kept puffing out the top.  I think maybe the air in the package was compressed during shipping and cause the heat seal at the top to give.  There is about a quarter inch split in the seal.  Amazon gave me a refund.  Anyhow, worried the same thing may happen if I order again.  But I will probably reorder as I am curious about this supplement. I did feel like the kid's book with Amelia Bedelia "dusting" the furniture there for a few minutes...  

Honored Contributor

@ceekay wrote:

Well, looks like my foray into bamboo powder is postponed.  The package from Amazon arrived yesterday.  There was powder all over the inside of the envelope.  I thought maybe it was a packaging thing but when I went to wipe the pouch off with a damp paper towel the powder kept puffing out the top.  I think maybe the air in the package was compressed during shipping and cause the heat seal at the top to give.  There is about a quarter inch split in the seal.  Amazon gave me a refund.  Anyhow, worried the same thing may happen if I order again.  But I will probably reorder as I am curious about this supplement. I did feel like the kid's book with Amelia Bedelia "dusting" the furniture there for a few minutes...  

@ceekay,

I'm sorry that happened with your shipment. I've ordered it many times and never had any problems with my orders. Hope you receive your second bag soon with no delays! Good luck.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I just got mine today ,,,intact!  Hope it works!!

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl I've been following another thread on the bamboo extract. I'm interested in feedback! As far as Biotin, I stopped taking it awhile back. My hair became very dry/brittle/frizzy. I aksed my hair lady & she said it was the biotin. I was taking it for my nails, but after the hair issue, I stopped. 

**Keep us posted on the bamboo!!

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  Ok I am gonna give this a go!  I needed to order my Carlson K2 supplement from amazon so I thought why not give the bamboo a try.  I just hope it doesn't do that increased urination thing to me LOL!  Will post a update in a few months.