Respected Contributor

I am researching at home rowing machines.

Am not interested in internet hook up like peloton type machines.

So far I am leaning towards the Water Rower.

Any experiences?

Esteemed Contributor

We bought a Spirit last May and have been happy with it. No internet connection and no water. Did not want to deal with potent leaks and whatever else water would bring. We also looked at a Concept 2.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't want a water version. I have a Matrix and it's great. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a concept2 rower. I bought the model e because it's higher so easier for me to get on and off. It's excellent quality. 

Trusted Contributor

I also have a Concept2 rower and love it.  I've had a treadmill and eliptical and the rower is my favorite.  They are the most popular rowing machines and I understand why.   I've had mine for over two years, use it at multiple times every week and still enjoy it. 

The only problem I've had is that my butt gets a little sore on the seat.  Hubby used some memory foam and sheepskin and made me a pad to put over it and it's wonderful.  I think you can buy cushion online if the seat is too hard for you.

Respected Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

I have a concept2 rower. I bought the model e because it's higher so easier for me to get on and off. It's excellent quality. 

The model E has 20" seat height vs the Model D with 14" seat height. The model E is on major back order and the D is BO 6 weeks. Great reviews.

Respected Contributor

Re: At home: rowing machine

[ Edited ]

@granddi DH recently sold his Concept II.  He had it for many years.  His back was bothering him and he had stopped using it so we sold it.  I used it but not as much.  My choice is a Pilates machine and an elliptical.

See below for an article on back issues and rowing...

https://worldrowing.com/news/low-back-pain-rowing-what-the-experts-say