Respected Contributor

Anyone using a “weighted blanket?”

I have been researching them, just wanted to get some opinions on them from someone who has used one. 🙋🏻❤️
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone using a “weighted blanket?”

Weighted blankets are often used for those with Autism.  We use them for one of our grands.  When is starts to melt down, this helps.  Most schools use lap versions, some have shoulder wraps.  I personally have seen positive results.

If needed for anxiety, I don't know how that works.  I suspect it would have a similar, positive effect.

Respected Contributor

Our 18 year old grandsonhas terrible anxiety.  We bought him one and he loves it.  Says its soothing and calming.

Respected Contributor

A family member of ours uses one...She has autism and seems to be comforted by it.  I would purchase it again.

Honored Contributor

I love mine. If you like to truly be snug as a bug in a rug, highly recommend.
Trusted Contributor

I have one, although I don't have any medical conditions.  Someone at work said how much she loved hers and how well she slept, so I decided to give it a try.  I do like it, but it seems too warm when I use it right now.  In this warmer weather, I've been using it until I'm ready to go to sleep.  Then I take it off so I don't get too warm while sleeping.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own a 10 pound weighted blanket. I used it for about 4 weeks. Couldn’t do it. I must be an active sleeper. I just could not get use to have this weight on my body. I gave it to my husband to use but he is a back sleeper and all he did was sleep on his back and not move I was constantly waking him up screaming to stop snoring. He lasted about 2 weeks with the blanket. It is now folded up and in the back spar bedroom to use if we want to try again.

this blanket was a handmade 10pd weighted blanket. I found someone local to make me a weighted blanket.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone so much for your feedback. Greatly appreciated! 🙋🏻❤️