Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have this problem trying to sleep ?

@quadmimi 

I buy it from Amazon.  They have 2 sizes, 8 & 16 oz.  I recommend starting with the 8 oz. to see how you like it before getting the 16 oz. bottle.  I mix 1/2 tsp. in a little water and drink it down.  The brand, Good State, also makes a liquid Zinc which I mix with it.  1/2 tsp each in about 4 oz. of water, drink down & sleep like a baby.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@quadmimi 

I buy it from Amazon.  They have 2 sizes, 8 & 16 oz.  I recommend starting with the 8 oz. to see how you like it before getting the 16 oz. bottle.  I mix 1/2 tsp. in a little water and drink it down.  The brand, Good State, also makes a liquid Zinc which I mix with it.  1/2 tsp each in about 4 oz. of water, drink down & sleep like a baby.

@SurferWife  Thank you...I will try it & see if it helps. I could use less sleepless nights...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@quadmimi 

@SurferWife @quadmimi 

Best magnesium on the planet! I’ve used it for years. It is in the form our bodies need so it is absorbed and used right away, bypassing the digestive system, where most forms are destroyed.

I buy from Good State’s site most of the time but have also purchased from Amazon quite a bit.

Honored Contributor

I have absolutely no problem falling asleep.  I am, however, an extremely light sleeper.  I do use a sound machine set on the ocean setting.  Lately, though, one of my cats has taken up the habit of pawing at the window just as I'm falling asleep.  But, the biggest problem for me was hormones waking me up in the middle of the night and then I couldn't get back to sleep.  I'm currently on a hormone patch and take prescription progesterone with really helps.  The doctor is weaning me off though over the next couple of years, so I hope the problem doesn't return.  

Esteemed Contributor

I get them almost every night, and it's nothing to worry about it freak out about.

I don't take anything for it.

You can read about it here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk#:~:text=A%20hypnic%20jerk%2C%20hypnagogic%20jerk,awaken%... 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa ---I tried Calm for awhile and found no difference in my sleep, in fact, as I drank it close to bedtime, I had to get up to go to the bathroom a few hours later----what good is that! I now take a triple magnesium at night and it really helps alot--

ok now------magnesium will HELP you sleep, not make you sleep like a sleeping pill----I find that I don't sleep any longer than my 5-6 hours a night--if I am lucky Woman Surprised but the QUALITY of that sleep is much better and more restful. I take 2 caps with a sip of water------

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much for the explanation of this disorder , it is new to be so it has been quite concerning . I did read about options if it does get to be too much for me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The jerking is not a disorder but a normal reaction when you fall asleep. However, not being able to sleep is a disorder.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

wagirl , what brand and amount is your magnesium ? I just now got it Now brand , sorry. Which one and type and strength.

Honored Contributor

My husband does this every night! It started as soon as he started taking Symbicort.