Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have eyelid ****** and tuck?

I had a cosmetic upper eyelid lift 5 years ago. My lids were droopy, I looked tired 

and wearing eye make up looked terrible. 

My surgeon's assistant applied a facial numbing cream that set for 30 mins. The surgeon injected an anaesthetic on either side of each eye that was painless. The procedure took at most 20-30 minutes and was completely pain free. 

I was home in time for lunch. Stitches came out the next day. 

Healing was quick and painless with no bruising or scarring. I look exactly the same and am thrilled 

to wear eye make up again!

Honored Contributor

My sister had this surgery twice.  Her lids were blocking her vision.  Health insurance covered it.

Now some years later her eye lids are droopy again,expecially the right eye.

She said it wasn't painful and she healed fast the first two times, but at her age, she won't have it done again.

There no guarantee this procedure and results will last for your lifetime.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it was very easy, not a difficult procedure or recovery. But it lasted a short time.....2-3 years. I didn't have it for cosmetic reasons, it was completely covered by insurance.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

A blepharoplasty? I've never had it done but for some people it helps them see better by lifting up their droopy lids.

Why didnt she just say that

Maybe she didn't know the big long medical term for it.  I didn't.

Or if she used it and didn't elaborate....we wouldn't know what she was talking about.

She stated that it was the Forum that used the ***, NOT her.

I'm sure we all knew what she meant.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

My sister had this surgery twice.  Her lids were blocking her vision.  Health insurance covered it.

Now some years later her eye lids are droopy again,expecially the right eye.

She said it wasn't painful and she healed fast the first two times, but at her age, she won't have it done again.

There no guarantee this procedure and results will last for your lifetime.

My surgery was 5 years ago. The results are still exactly the same. 

Frequent Contributor

It is surgery and involves anesthesia, so there are always risks.  That said, this surgery is done on an outpatient basis, involves minimal discomfort and has an easy recovery.  There are drops, ointments and meds involved, post-surgical swelling, etc, but you will be good to go out in public within two weeks.  Full healing takes several months.  If the upper lift is medically necessary, Medicare/insurance should cover it.  

If there are cosmetic issues with lower eye bags, you should consider having a lower eye lift at the same time, even though you will have to pay out-of-pocket.  

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

A male friend of mine had this done to raise his droopy lids, vision was impeded. 

Esteemed Contributor

@de1rdre wrote:

It is surgery and involves anesthesia, so there are always risks.  That said, this surgery is done on an outpatient basis, involves minimal discomfort and has an easy recovery.  There are drops, ointments and meds involved, post-surgical swelling, etc, but you will be good to go out in public within two weeks.  Full healing takes several months.  If the upper lift is medically necessary, Medicare/insurance should cover it.  

If there are cosmetic issues with lower eye bags, you should consider having a lower eye lift at the same time, even though you will have to pay out-of-pocket.  

Good luck.

No, there is not general anesthesia in a blepharoplasty procedure. See my post above as I had the procedure and consulted 2 plastic sugeons. Local anesthesia is the standard. Entire procedure and recovery painless.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had upper and lower blepharoplasty in 2021. I think the surgery was a few hours. Recovery was as expected. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

ETA - I was under general anesthesia. 

Esteemed Contributor

IIRC Leah had that surgery to lift her eyelids many years ago. It made a big difference! Prior to her surgery, we couldn't see her eyes at all. She always appeared to have them closed. Her surgery has lasted many years (unless she has had it redone). 

Money screams; wealth whispers.