Respected Contributor

I have had 4 boughts of double vision.  With the first I had an MRI which found a pinial cyst (tumor) in my brain.  After several doctors I was told it had nothing to do with my vision.

Both eyes have given me problems and I'm a newer diabetic but have that under control.  After an assault on DH back in June my Trigeminal Neuralgia flaired with the usual facial pain but this time my left eye bulged worse than ever.  I had my pressure checked and it was normal.

The pain in my face has calmed down but the eye pain is worce and the vision is worce and it now stays dialated.  Last year I was checked for Temporal Arthritis (not sure of spelling) negitive on the blood test.

Today my doc looked at me and seemed worried and ordered another MRI even though my Neurologist said I've had so many sense 2010 I should not have any for a few years.  She also ordered another blood test.

Does anoyone know about this eye condition?  If so would you mind writing me?  

Thank you so much,

Cathy

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is rude to another poster

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom, I have had two bouts of double vision, which may or may not have been connected to my diabetes.  Both times my vision returned to normal in 12 weeks.  Visit an ophthalmologist if you haven’t.  Mine made a prism for my glasses so I could see normally with them on.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom   I can not offer any help as far as your medical issues....but just want to say  I hope you get some answers soon and that you get a break from all the “ medical stuff”.   I had a couple of years with lots of tests...MRI’s and etc and I know how hard that is on  a person.  

((Hugs))🙂

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Jackhound Mom, I have had two bouts of double vision, which may or may not have been connected to my diabetes.  Both times my vision returned to normal in 12 weeks.  Visit an ophthalmologist if you haven’t.  Mine made a prism for my glasses so I could see normally with them on.

Yes Tansy,

I asked for prism glasses the first time this happened in Ohio in 2010 but the doctor said my vision would continue to change and the RX for prism's would also have to be constantly changed and they were expensive if memory serves.  I patched the eye that was pulling inward when I had to se one of everything.  Each time this happened it lasted different amounts of time.  Thank you for your answer!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Jackhound Mom   I can not offer any help as far as your medical issues....but just want to say  I hope you get some answers soon and that you get a break from all the “ medical stuff”.   I had a couple of years with lots of tests...MRI’s and etc and I know how hard that is on  a person.  

((Hugs))🙂

Thank you SeaMaden!  Glad you are on the mend.  I think I should have looked up that eye condition spelling and posted with it and then maybe someone who knew about it could have answered me.  I sometimes make mistakes with posts and titles.

Anyway, I appreciate both answers.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom

So sorry you really have no answers yet.

I'm very concerned about the blown pupil in one of your eyes.  That is usually a sign of something in the brain.  Won't go into detail, but THIS must be tracked down now. 

MRIs are non-ionizing, so no radiation there.  What your neuro or present doc should also fold into the mix right now is a contrast CT of your brain.  If you're getting nowhere with your current neuro, get a new one specializing in pathology of the brain.

Wishing you well and making strides.

Respected Contributor

Re: Another MRI...(Long)

[ Edited ]

I strongly suggest making an appointment with a neurologist to rule out a neurological issue. Double vision can be symptomatic of a neurological problem.

i wish you well.  I, too, have gone through numerous tests recently and it wears you down.

Respected Contributor

sfnative &gmkb,

Thank you both!  I will call my Neurologist.  I am waiting for a ref from my insurance co. for the MRI.  It takes 7 to 10 days to get.  I will write when I find out what is going on.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another MRI...(Long)

[ Edited ]

@Jackhound Mom

Dear Jackhound Mom,

I was glad to see that at least the insurance wheels are moving to get that MRI.  In my humble opinion, when you can get the ear of a neuro specializing in brain issues, please ask about a CT with contrast.

Honestly, since reading your post and writing my little bit, you have been on my mind every day.  If any of your symptoms worsen, even by just a little bit, go directly to a hospital with a Level I trauma E.R.  (that's Level One).  Folks who work in such ERs won't sit on their hands when they see something like your blown pupil and double vision, as these are rather serious symptoms.  If you do go to such an ER, be prepared to tell them when the first symptom started, how and when the other symptoms arrived, what treatment, if any, has been prescribed thus far.  The more information you can provide the better.

I know it must be difficult to even read what I'm writing, but if you can, please get out a piece of paper and write down the information in chronological order that I mentioned above.  Keep it in your purse.

All the best, be easy on yourself and God Bless.

XXX   Rebecca

Edited to add:  If you do go to an ER, tell them you have (1) a blown pupil; and, (2) double vision in both eyes.  This will get their attention big time.