Honored Contributor

Andrew Lessman Vit. C price increase!

I think I posted in this forum several months ago about getting Lessman's Vit. C and having such a bloated feeling when taking it. Happy to say that passed quickly and I've been really happy with the product. 

In an effort to keep ahead of things being hard to find or simply unavailable lately, I looked at picking up another bottle, only to find that the price had gone up $50 (for the biggest bottle of 720) and from getting free shipping the last time, to $10.47 shipping. $50!!!!!!!!!!! That is a huge price increase just since March of this year.

I don't watch his presentations and I'm not familiar with the pricing of his products over time, so can anyone tell me, did I just get some great deal during a sale the last time? Is it something that happens at certain times of the year? Has something besides the virus happened that caused the price to go up so much? 

Any input appreciated, as I find that kind of increases to be staggering.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Vit. C price increase!

The only explanation would be it was a Today's Special. I like his vitamins but they are not inexpensive.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio   You're not alone!

I swear by his Glucosamine/Chondroiten and about 4 months ago I paid $99.00 with easy pay and free shipping for 600.

After reading your post I checked on the HSN website and that item also went up $50.00 with the steep S&H charge you mentioned!!  

I have found this item on Ebay in the past so I'll start keeping an eye out there as I have about another month's supply.

My belief is that with the COVID situation, his costs have gone up with sanitizing and other things so he's passed it along to the customers.  However, that's more of an increase than I think is warranted under any circumstances.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

He runs specials on a lot of his items during his TS visits and then they go back up.  That's why I try to buy what I need during his visits.  His best prices are the ones he offers for his Today's Special items.  He's pretty consistent on his offers so when things I already use are offered for TS, I buy the largest size so it will last until the next TS.  There is a nice poster here who keeps us advised on what items will be offered and when.   

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio   For my item: 

I found 900 caps for $159.+free shipping at Ebay and on Amazon (for my item) I found 600 caps for $119. + free shipping, so maybe either of these sources would also give you a better price than HSN.

Occasional Contributor

I've been using Andrew Lessman's vitamins for years.  Like you, I bought the vitamin C back in march at a good price, but like some people said, the vitmains were on sale with free S&H.  I just ran out and waiting for him to come back with another good sale so I could buy some.  Next time, I'll buy the biggest bottle so it can last me longer. 

Trusted Contributor

This is a prime example of a Chinese monopoly.   We need to get our supply source back to the USA.   

Respected Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

This is a prime example of a Chinese monopoly.   We need to get our supply source back to the USA.   

You might want to check your facts before posting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

You might want to check your facts before posting.

@santorini Now you have made me curious. I don't see this on the photos of the bottle or in the description. Where is the Vitamin C made? @santorini 

Super Contributor

All of Andrew's products are made in his plant in Nevada.

What You Get

• 720 Vitamin C-500 Complex easy-to-swallow capsules

Made in USA