Honored Contributor

Andrew Lessman Vit C complex

[ Edited ]

I bought a bottle of this and it arrived last week. I've taken it twice, one per day. 

I feel for hours afterward, like I'm stuffed. Like I just ate Thanksgiving dinner. Bloated and uncomfortably full. 

Anyone have this issue with this particular product? I've had it happen with cheap multi vitamins, otc kind like One A Day, so I just stop taking them. 

I take Vit E and Vit D every day (nature made) and don't have that issue with them. I couldn't find any vit C anywhere else, and paid a fortune for the big bottle of this here. 

Any ideas, tips or experiences you all have had with the product would be appreciated. I plan to keep taking for a week and see if this passes. 

Oh, and I did take with a meal, maybe that is an issue?

Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Vit C complex

Your topic perked my interest, so I googled it.  Bloating appears to be a common symptom of taking too much vitamin c.  It doesn't appear to be an issue, you just have that feeling.  Maybe ask your doctor what dosage is right for you.

Esteemed Contributor

What else is in the complex besides C?

Are you already taking a multi with C in it?

C works better when taken with Vit B. While C is busy killing off nasty bugs it can destroy good intestinal flora, too which can cause bloating.

Stay well down there, girl! 😘

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio   Maybe cut down to one a day, that's what I do.  I also get a bit of a bloating feeling but it passes.   I'm a true believer in vitamins, especially during this time.

Andrew's are the only ones I take and trust.  Too much vitamin c won't hurt you, your body will discard it naturally.  It is however great for the immune system.  Feel better.

Super Contributor

I never feel bloated with taking more Vitamin C that I maybe should.  I love Andrew Lessman's products but some of them I just can't tolerate.  I take Nature Made's vitamin C and also their multivitamin for women over 50.  I have my favorites of Lessman but others of his just are a no for me.  He puts way too much Vitamin B12 in some of his products, too, which doesn't agree with me.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have been taking Andrews vitamins including vitamin C for 30 yrs now ....started way back when he was on QVC that many yrs ago !!  Never noticedbloating with vitamin c although I do have bloating  now and then it isn't from that.   You truly can't take in too much vitamin c as it is water soluble ,  what your body doesn't need will leave your body through urine.