Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman TS Available to Order Now

@Nightowlz 

Thanks for posting the info. I’ll probably order UES tomorrow evening. I need to see how much I’ve got left. 

I dont think I will be ordering anything else. Astaxanthan didn’t do anything noticeable for me other than separate me from my money so I won’t be ordering it again. I’m curious about the new product but it doesn’t sound very impressive to me. 

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz

L+M Ing.PNG

Wondering where this label is from?  It is stating a 12mg of Lutein dose and I can't find that on the HSN product label.  Just want to make sure I get the right item this week.  Last week I ordered the wrong Omega and had to return.  Luckily they were nice enough to allow me to ship back for free.  

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I cant bleieve his Lutein dosage is so very minimal, I have been taking 40 mg Lutein softgels for years now. 

Can you share the brand you use?

Trusted Contributor

@avid shopper 

that label is the new product Andrew is introducing-

Maximum L + Z.

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

@Nightowlz

L+M Ing.PNG

Wondering where this label is from?  It is stating a 12mg of Lutein dose and I can't find that on the HSN product label.  Just want to make sure I get the right item this week.  Last week I ordered the wrong Omega and had to return.  Luckily they were nice enough to allow me to ship back for free.  

@avid shopper 

This is the label from his new Maximum L+Z product. The pic of the label came from his website.

What product are you looking to order?

Trusted Contributor

I am going to get the eye support but I will wait for the presentation to see if he offers the 12mg Lutein as the label on the TSV pre order is stated as 10mg. 

Honored Contributor

I buy either Swanson or Puritans Pride , each softgel has 40 mg Lutein. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I cant bleieve his Lutein dosage is so very minimal, I have been taking 40 mg Lutein softgels for years now. 

I don't believe 10 mg is considered minimal but I believe 40 mg is high. Everyone's diet and heath concerns are different, so you have to make the choice best for you.  Based on some of what I have seen, 5mg-20mg is generally what is found in most supplements (lutein on it's own might be different than a supplement with multiple ingredients).  I did find this:

There’s currently no recommended dietary intake for lutein and zeaxanthin.

What’s more, the amount of lutein and zeaxanthin your body requires may depend on the amount of stress it endures. For example, smokers may need more lutein and zeaxanthin, as they tend to have lower levels of carotenoids, compared to non-smokers (1).

It’s estimated that Americans consume an average 1–3 mg of lutein and zeaxanthin daily. However, you may need a lot more than this to reduce your risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) (13).

In fact, 6–20 mg of dietary lutein per day are associated with a reduced risk of eye conditions (13, 30).

Research from the Age-Related Eye Disease Study 2 (AREDS2) found that 10 mg of lutein and 2 mg of zeaxanthin caused a significant reduction in the progression to advanced age-related macular degeneration (31).

Likewise, supplementing with 10 mg of lutein and 2 mg of zeaxanthin can improve overall skin tone (26).

Summary 10 mg of lutein and 2 mg of zeaxanthin appear to be effective in studies, but further research is needed to identify the optimal dosage for health.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Swanson and Puritans Pride both offer several dosages of Lutein, my DH and I both wanted to take the max dosage, if they make it 40 mg it cant be harmful. I find with many of Andrew's products his dosages need to be upgraded and iI have told his CS Dept just that. I stopped taking his Cinnamon and his K2, neither were the dosage i was looking for. And his cinnamon is made from cassia bark, I was looking for better quality cinnamon made in Ceylon. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz et al.

I changed my mind. I ordered the new Maximum L & Z product. 

I researched and the only recommendations I found were 10/2mg. For Lutein I saw an article that said 10-40mg. I also came across info that assured me these amounts (and more) are considered safe. Some government study or some such thing finding as much as 145mg L&Z is safe. I was googling like a speed demon there for a bit... lol 

I have pretty bad dry eye and UES helps hugely but maybe more L&Z will help even more. 

If a TS is on d a year, why aren’t all TSs available in an amount to last for a year? The largest size of L&Z is 240 capsules...