Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman TS 2-24-19

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

Im finding his supplements priced much higher than what I am comfortable spending especially with the conflicting data on the benefits of supplementation. I dont deny he uses quality ingredients but for those of us on fixed incomes I find myself buying the Drug Store supplements at a third of the price. My doctor said that is perfectly acceptable.

@Reever 

I find if you compare the quantity of pills plus ingredients to products from the drug store & figure price per pill you will find his are not as high as you think they are?

Majority of doctors don't know squat about supplements.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@World Traveler   Andrew said a year or so ago that due to customer feedback, he is making the TS in sizes that take you to a bit more than 365 days because if he gives you 365 worth of pills, there is a gap with shipping and then the next year's TS date.

He does this with the ones he knows will be a recurring TS, like the Essential 1 and Secure an C&VS, etc.

@VaBelle35  Oh, that makes sense. Never thought about that. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Vit K is generally a good thing but for all who have ever had a blood problem, you should check with your neurologist or cardiologist or neurosurgeon before you add any to your intake.

Honored Contributor

It's not Vitamin K. It's K2MK7. It's different and goes into detail about it because of confusion with Vit K

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

It's not Vitamin K. It's K2MK7. It's different and goes into detail about it because of confusion with Vit K

@VaBelle35   Since I was replying to someone who had mentioned the complete name of it, I was lazy and didn't repeat it, and since it is the special this weekend, most know what we are talking about, but doesn't hurt to reiterate Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I look forward to learning more about Vitamin K2 MK7 this weekend. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Vit K1, K2mk4 and K2mk7 can ALL have an impact on clotting function.  K2 seems to last longer in the blood and may smooth some INR values which is good but it is dangerous for those on medication.  

I have bad bones and for sure I would be taking it if I could.  Not knocking it.  Just reminding those who have to be careful.

Valued Contributor

this is slightly off topic for this thread, but i am new to andrew's supplements.

i was curious to know from long time customers, whether or not the co-q 10 yearly tsv always has vitamin d3. i only purchased it last year for the first time and it has vitamin d3.

does anyone remember if the 2017 or 2016 co-q 10 tsv had vitamin d3?

the reason i am asking is because i'm already getting 2,000 iu/day with my co-q 10 and the essential 1 vitamins have an option of 1 or 2,000 iu/day.

i know that the max recommendation is 4,000 iu a day.

my thinking is if co-q 10 does NOT usually come with vitamin d3 as a tsv, that i should get the 2,000 is of essential 1.

because i am in the house A LOT, i know that i fall into the category of needing more.
that, and i am deathly allergic to fish. so that is not an option.

i'm leaning towards the 2,000 to be on the safe side because there is no guarantee of what future tsv's will be, if that makes sense.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz or anyone else who has watched Andrew a long time.....do they always run an Encore of his programs? Sometimes I just go and record all the times mentioned on my Direct TV of his HSN programs, then find that some of them are repeats (Encore is what HSN calls them).

There have been times when I sit down with something to eat, expecting to enjoy one of his presentations, only to find it is an Encore and I already saw it.

I know if there are repeats of something on QVC, it is put on QVC2. But HSN seems to run their programs differently. Perhaps it is only Andrew's presentations and not others.

Don't watch HSN regularly, although I am trying to default to them for a change. Always end up going back to QVC, because overall I like "our" models and hosts better. Heart

Valued Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Im finding his supplements priced much higher than what I am comfortable spending especially with the conflicting data on the benefits of supplementation. I dont deny he uses quality ingredients but for those of us on fixed incomes I find myself buying the Drug Store supplements at a third of the price. My doctor said that is perfectly acceptable.

@Reever 

I find if you compare the quantity of pills plus ingredients to products from the drug store & figure price per pill you will find his are not as high as you think they are?

Majority of doctors don't know squat about supplements.

@Nightowlz 

i think you are right on both counts, especially the last one. doctors are trained to write scripts.

plus, if they started telling people about supplements, many people would not have a need to "visit" them every quarter, if you know what i mean.