Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman - Oatmeal

[ Edited ]

If during Andrew's December presentations this weekend (December 8-10) anyone hears him mention products he will be presenting in the near future (like January or February), please let me know if he states his great plant sterol oatmeal as one of them. I am so, so low in stock on that. I used two cups of it in a recipe recently, and now I'm down to maybe two weeks left of it for breakfast. I would like to have a good deal on that too.

Thanks in advance!

Frequent Contributor

The 2 pack (180 servings) is currently $99. With the 20% coupon that HSN emailed today, you can get it for $79.
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

If during Andrew's December presentations this weekend (December 8-10) anyone hears him mention products he will be presenting in the near future (like January or February), please let me know if he states his great plant sterol oatmeal as one of them. I am so, so low in stock on that. I used two cups of it in a recipe recently, and now I'm down to maybe two weeks left of it for breakfast. I would like to have a good deal on that too.

Thanks in advance!

Will do @World Traveler

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler, how is his oatmeal different from the grocery?  I probably need to eat more, but I really don't like it.  Any info would be appreciated.  I also saw a response on the bran.  If you have had that, what do you think?  TIA!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Has he presented his specials on the oatmeal/oatbran yet? Hope I didn't miss it. Just realized that the big container I thought was oatmeal is something else. So, it appears I will be out of his brand in about 30 days.

@World Traveler

He has special pricing on his oatmeal during this visit.

If you have not used the 20% off coupon it's good til midnight. 182666

You enter the code during checkout. After you clcik on Secure Checkout you enter it on the next page.

It says Apply Discount or Gift Card. It's between your Payment Info & Your Items listed you bought. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

Has he presented his specials on the oatmeal/oatbran yet? Hope I didn't miss it. Just realized that the big container I thought was oatmeal is something else. So, it appears I will be out of his brand in about 30 days.

@World Traveler

He has special pricing on his oatmeal during this visit.

If you have not used the 20% off coupon it's good til midnight. 182666

You enter the code during checkout. After you clcik on Secure Checkout you enter it on the next page.

It says Apply Discount or Gift Card. It's between your Payment Info & Your Items listed you bought. 

@Nightowlz BINGO!! F-i-n-a-l-l-y know where it is. ha!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Getting two containers of the 180 serving. That should last me for the year.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@World Traveler, how is his oatmeal different from the grocery?  I probably need to eat more, but I really don't like it.  Any info would be appreciated.  I also saw a response on the bran.  If you have had that, what do you think?  TIA!

@SXMGirl

Since no one has responded to your ‘how is his oatmeal different’, I will.

It’s not different.

There’s nothing in his specific product which is not

in a grocery store brand.

What the grocery store does have?

Organic? Grocery store has it.

Gluten free? Grocery store has it.

What it doesn’t have?

Less packaging?  Grocery store has it.

Shipping/handling?  Grocery store has it.

Availabilty? Grocery store has it. 

Different cuts of oatmeal for variety? Grocery store has it.

But more importantly, what good ole Quaker Oats doesn’t have?

The huge $$$ markup on a simple, basic HEALTHY food

sold everywhere for anyone at an amazingly cheap price.

I would encourage anyone who wants to spend more money

than necessary on simple cheap basic food??

Buy Quaker Oats for all the cholesterol benefits...

and Donate the Extra $$$ to your local Food Bank.

Eating healthy doesn’t have to be expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom, thanks for replying.  I just could not imagine anything in his oatmeal that I would not find in my grocery aisle.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom Maybe money is not an issue with us. Heart

You are assuming his oatmeal is like others. You said it wasn't any different from what is in store-bought oatmeal. You are undeniably wrong and you obviously have not tried it.

It has different cholesterol lower ingredients, like plant sterols. That is the reason it costs more. Many of us have had lab work done after using his products that have plant sterols in them, and our doctors have told us to stay with his cholesterol lowering products. And we do. I have been off statins for two years, thanks to his plant sterol (ester) products.

If you can't afford the product, that's fine. If you don't like the product, that's fine. But for many of us, we love his products because of how they have changed our lives.

Is there other ways to lower the cholesterol levels, like eating different? Of course! But for those of us who like to have our cake and eat it too, we go with his products. 

But if money is an issue for you, he has it on sale this weekend and you can try it for yourself. It may be still more than you want to pay, and since you are so very happy with your store bought oatmeal, I think you should stay with it. But there is no reason to rain on anyone else's decision. 

I know you post a lot on the plant-based whole-food thread, so I understand all that you are saying. However, not everyone wants to eat that way. So they should be free to get a product they choose without having someone try to make them feel like their decision is wrong or dumb, which is what you did when you previously wrote:

"Oh, my heavens. This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. 

Lessman = 25.4oz = $1.17 per ounce

vs

Bob's Red Mill = 32oz = $.16 per ounce

Oatmeal.

Expensive Oatmeal.

I've heard it all. That's good 'ole highway robbery."

And also what you did when you responded to the other poster.

It is still a FREE America where we can purchase what we want, pay what we want, and enjoy what we want. It would be nice if it was still a place where we can do it without being ridiculed for how we spend our money or the choices we make. Heart

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@sidsmom, thanks for replying.  I just could not imagine anything in his oatmeal that I would not find in my grocery aisle.

@SXMGirl

You are welcomed!

And yes, your thoughts are correct.

Stay well!

🌼💛