Respected Contributor

Have seen new amino acid products that promise to help rebuild lost muscle mass and thicken hair that is due to aging. Apparently the specific amino acids help the body process protein better so it can do its job. The claims seem pretty miraculous....have you tried Perfectaminos? I was just curious about anyone's experience with it. 

Honored Contributor

Never heard of it, but after seeing you're supposed to take 5 big chalky pills a day, I'm out.  

Try Googlng Perfect Aminos Reviews.  Specifically, you might want to look at the one by illuminate Labs.  Some interesting stuff there to consider. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Amino Acids and aging

[ Edited ]

My questions would be do you really need this? Can you increase  your muscle mass by incorporating a little strength training? Also what are any side effects of the individual ingredients?

I found, for example, that supplemental amounts of biotin-- sold as an innocuous hair grower--can cause insomnia. It did with me, big time.

Honored Contributor

Read the ingredient list carefully!    Some of those advertised "youth" compounds contain HGH in some form or other.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 I do a lot of research before considering supplements....especially one that requires ingesting 5 huge pills with several complaints of powder in the bottle.  You might want to  take a look on Amaz-- for BCAA bulk supplements vegan in powder form....over 10,000 reviews, if you decide to take this route.  

If you want to go this route (main reason for amino acids is for recovery from strenuous workouts).  I would be sure that my lifestyle is supporting my goals (in your case weight loss/hair growth) before resorting to supplements.  How is your diet, sleep, exercise, stress levels.  I might suggest you use Chronometer (free) to see what is nutritionally lacking and where and if supplementation might play a role. 

Wishing you the best!

Honored Contributor

Why would someone question a supplement to others and not ask their doctor about it first?

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Did you see this on an infomercial?  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Read the ingredient list carefully!    Some of those advertised "youth" compounds contain HGH in some form or other.    

Only a certified and licensed medical doctor can prescribe a HGH. It is considered a controlled substance by the FDA.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Only a certified and licensed medical doctor can prescribe a HGH. It is considered a controlled substance by the FDA.

@SilleeMee     Yeah....but the pill pushers call it "something else"

1. Pure HGH Guide: Legal HGH Pills and Supplements in 2022

These pure HGH releaser supplements are entirely legal and allowed by every sports organizations. You can buy the supplements as pure HGH spray and as pure HGH pills. They may contain the following ingredients: Vitamins: A, B5, B12, Folic Acid, Inositol Hexanicotinate. Minerals: iodine, magnesium, zinc, chromium.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Amino Acids and aging

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@SilleeMee     Yeah....but the pill pushers call it "something else"

1. Pure HGH Guide: Legal HGH Pills and Supplements in 2022

These pure HGH releaser supplements are entirely legal and allowed by every sports organizations. You can buy the supplements as pure HGH spray and as pure HGH pills. They may contain the following ingredients: Vitamins: A, B5, B12, Folic Acid, Inositol Hexanicotinate. Minerals: iodine, magnesium, zinc, chromium.

@Desertdi 

Yes, I understand what those are. But those supps do not contain actual human growth hormone. They contain 'booster' and 'releaser' substances which are suppose to increase our body's natural HGH levels by stimulating the hypothalamus gland. Possession of any HGH-containing supp can land you behind bars. It's a controlled substance and the DEA will be knocking on your door if you have it w/o a Rx.

HGH is administered by injection. If you ingest HGH it won't do anything b/c stomach acids destroy it before it can get absorbed into the bloodstream.