Esteemed Contributor

Re: Advice Needed

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

Your granddaughter should be seeing a doctor- not waiting for you to hear responses from someone w / similar symptoms! 

@ellaphant 
My goodness, did you not read the OP?  She listed the doctors that her GD has seen, and is simply looking for some real life experiences while awaiting test results.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Sound advice ,  continue with qualified expert medical follow up . You were not clear in what medical workup and exact diagnostics  has been done so far .  Was the test that will take some time viral  studies  ?  Best advice, have your Granddaughter continue open communication  and follow up with her Doctors .  Can appreciate your concern .

Esteemed Contributor

Could be blood sugar.  She will just have to wait till the labs results are in.  If she continues to feel poorly or worsen, another trip tp ER may be warranted.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant You need to RE-READ the original post. Sheesh.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

@Calcgirl 

My very first thought reading her symptoms plus weight loss makes me think diabetes.  

The Endo would have caught that. Actually any doctor would have if they took blood. 

@RedTop @Lali1 

OP said that results from the Endo are not in yet.

If they thought she had the symptoms of diabetes they would've done a finger blood test on the spot. 

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am aware that a doctor may not be reading this thread and I am only hoping someone here has had the same symptoms I will be describing and found out what was the cause. 

My granddaughter stopped breast feeding and shortly thereafter  started feeling very dizzy, nauseated, weak and shaky.  This has been going on a month and it is so bad she is afraid to drive and has lost weight from her already lean body.  She has gone to her GP, ER, cardiologist to see if she had POTS, endocronologist, where test results are not in yet and they said it would be early April before they had the results!

Question, do these symptoms sound familiar to you and did you find out the cause? 

I appreciate your kind input.  I am so worried about this dear granddaughter.

@Calcgirl @There are tons of articles about women that experienced these same symptoms. 6F2CFEA5-255D-40FA-9630-CC947752108B.png

Respected Contributor

@Calcgirl 

I developed POTS after I stopped breastfeeding my oldest daughter.  I got so dizzy at times I lost consciousness. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This makes me so mad. The OP already stated that they have already  seeked medical advice. READ!!!!!! COMPREHEND!!!!!!!!

I hate this-- seek medical advice. What's so wrong in asking if anyone had had these symptoms? Many times a lot of the Posters have been through this.

I just don't get it and I guess I never will.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Your granddaughter should be seeing a doctor- not waiting for you to hear responses from someone w / similar symptoms! 

@ellaphant   Read the thread BEFORE giving advise...Duhhhh....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sage04 wrote:

This makes me so mad. The OP already stated that they have already  seeked medical advice. READ!!!!!! COMPREHEND!!!!!!!!

I hate this-- seek medical advice. What's so wrong in asking if anyone had had these symptoms? Many times a lot of the Posters have been through this.

I just don't get it and I guess I never will.

Exactly, couldn't agree more.  But unfortunately thats what many do here---jump all over a poster simply for asking a question!   And last I checked, these ARE discussion forums to talk about and seek opinions--as the OP did--about something she was concerned about.   So rude.