Trusted Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I am aware that a doctor may not be reading this thread and I am only hoping someone here has had the same symptoms I will be describing and found out what was the cause. 

My granddaughter stopped breast feeding and shortly thereafter  started feeling very dizzy, nauseated, weak and shaky.  This has been going on a month and it is so bad she is afraid to drive and has lost weight from her already lean body.  She has gone to her GP, ER, cardiologist to see if she had POTS, endocronologist, where test results are not in yet and they said it would be early April before they had the results!

Question, do these symptoms sound familiar to you and did you find out the cause? 

I appreciate your kind input.  I am so worried about this dear granddaughter.

Honored Contributor

This sounds serious and you should be seeking MEDICAL advice.

Respected Contributor

Re: Advice Needed

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 

@Calcgirl 

You may have missed this in the post:  Her daughter has gone to Dr, ER and Cardiologist and is awaiting the results which may not be available until early April.

The mother of the daughter is obviously very anxious for her daughter and is looking for any temporary, compassionate support here.  Doctors / Medical advice is in progress.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl 

My very first thought reading her symptoms plus weight loss makes me think diabetes.  

Respected Contributor

I suggest she find a naturopath in her area. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, Redtop, that was my first thought.

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Calcgirl 

My very first thought reading her symptoms plus weight loss makes me think diabetes.  

The Endo would have caught that. Actually any doctor would have if they took blood. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

@Calcgirl 

The Endo would have caught that. Actually any doctor would have if they took blood. 

@RedTop @Lali1 

OP said that results from the Endo are not in yet.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Valued Contributor

@Calcgirl   Have they checked her thyroid?

Respected Contributor

Your granddaughter should be seeing a doctor- not waiting for you to hear responses from someone w / similar symptoms!