Regular Contributor

It was suggested in my 40's to have them out with my daughter who gets strep. I chose not to and I chose not to for her also. 

How about looking for the reason he is getting sick instead of removing part of your body? Gut health, immune system etc...

Our bodies are amazing machines which heal themselves. 

Valued Contributor

Well, so far so good. Son had tonsils and adenoids removed on Friday.  Yes, he has been uncomfortable but heavy drugs helped.  In fact dr. prescribed morphine and hydrocodin.  Saturday night was the last time he took the morphine, used the hydrocin as prescribed (does not want to stay on an opiod any longer than he needs to) and used the rx lollipop once.  I urged him to drink as you suggested and from the moment he came home he has been drinking liquids, including getting up during the night to do so.Liquids, icees and pudding have been working quite well and he has tried a few foods.  As one suggested about alternatives to surgery, this was not taken lightly or without alot of thought.  At this point it was the best thing to do and hopefully it will alleveiate several of his problems. Thank you all for your comments.

Honored Contributor

@kitty60  I'm glad that your son has come through the surgery and is doing fairly well.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Glad your son is doing well from his surgery. Thanks for updating us.