Respected Contributor

Acupressure mat?

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have and use, with good results, an acupressure mat? I'm thinking of buying one for upper back ache and would like some reviews please.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

Had a friend that bought one and it was expensive and did nothing to help her.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I tried one and sent it back.  Not only did it not do me any good, it hurt my back.  I really should have known better since the same thing happened with one of the machines my chiropractor tried on me.

I suppose it would depend on what type of back problem you have.

Valued Contributor

I've used one daily for years, I've been through a couple in that time and love it.  I call it my spike mat and if your back issues are muscle related, it would help.  I lay on mine in the morning and again after exercise.  It's almost like a mini massage to the back.

Esteemed Contributor

@Starpolisher 

I never knew there was such a mat. What exactly does it  propose to do, and how, to help spinal issues? 

Am aware there are several pressure points, usually muscles, along many parts along the spine. I know that deep tissue message does help many feel better after having these done. Same with a TENS or similar type unit.

For a quick and helpful loosening of certain spinal muscles, I find my knobby Stick Roller, works every time. This I use while exercising or ice skating. This of course is temporary relief. If at home, I get into my recliner/put in a position the releases my upper spinal muscles, and all is well. Our recliners are motorized, so you can adjust them to any reclining angle, that feels just right.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)