Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Even Costco is out of stock, I just tried ordering online.  Local store supply is sporadic, occasionally I can find small quantity bottles at a grocery or dollar store.  I rely on these for arthritis, I'm thinking this is another product from China.  

@depglass ,   Really? I have done my part in cutting back. I used to take the 650mg(1 tablet) 2 hours before I went to my ice skating sessions. Since that was 3 times a week?  That would be 12 tablets a month. Since that had been 5 months now! Heck, I have kept 60 more tablets on the market.

Not sure where you live, but I just checked Amazon, and I can get any strength, including the 650mg delivered Prime. Sooo! Do you order from them, and if so, check it out. I just put 1 in my cart to check, and it said delivery on Sunday 9/6/2020. 

You can get the Amazon brand,500 count 500mg, for about $10. Sounds like a pretty good price to me.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Yes, there is an extreme shortage of acetaminophen except for double the price Tylenol brand.

I found some sealed Walmart's Equate, Costco's Kirkland and Sam's Club Member's Mark brands on ebay at very low prices.  They have a 6 mo to 1 year expiration date or more. 

I have used some well over two years old that worked fine.  

Esteemed Contributor

The other day, my son had a wisdom tooth pulled.  

Anyway, the dentist told him to take 3 Advil and 1 Tylenol at the same time, if he had pain when the anesthetic wore off......

I gave him some tea bags.  He said they worked just as well as the pills....

Honored Contributor

Walgreen's here in NYC has both their own brand and Tylenol on the shelf .... just bought some a few days ago.

Respected Contributor

There is no shortage, it hasn't been discontinued.  End of June supplier issues that have been resolved caused some supply issues.  All is well.  Yes, Extra Strength is the same as Migraine.  (thanks i did not know that).

Esteemed Contributor

I was in Walgreens today (Saturday) and having read this thread, I checked the Tylenol brand & the generic.  There was no shortage of either.  I bought a Walgreen's brand extra strength Acetaminophen just in case.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett