Honored Contributor

Are you going to appointments?

In 2 weeks I have a Dr appt scheduled for a 6 months check up.. I have been trying to decide if I will go or cancel it. Have you been going to your Dr appointments lately?

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are you going to appointments?

I've been to several appoinments, doctor, dentist, hair salon. Many protocols have been taken, and I felt safe in all instances. Haven't had a problem. It's your choice, but I don't see a reason to postpone any appointments. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All summer I went to medical appointments, like the dermatologist, the dentist, the gynecologist, my general practitioner, lab work, had CT scans, ultrasounds, eye doctor, etc. 

Honored Contributor

I've been to doctor, dentist and hair salon.

Respected Contributor

I am in the same boat .. getting to the point I am going to have to

make the decision.....I skipped last Dr. appoitment .....I had had

my AIC checked .. and blood pressure .. those are the 2 day to

day I worry about .. all was well .....

But now I am due to go again ... Lab work ... then I am due for

mammogram .... overdue for teeth cleaning and a trip in Dec.

to the gyno ....WHAT TO DO ....hubby and I have been working

very hard to limit our exposure .. I have 7 months invested in

this and I don't want to give up now .....Oh and by the way ... this

medical stuff will be done in the state of FLORIDA  !!!!  thank you !!!

Respected Contributor

It will be interesting to see what the other responses will be .....

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs Got my hair cut on July 4th. Went to a doctor appointment and a retina doc appt. Getting my teeth cleaned soon and a port flush.

Everyone is taking major precautions. No entry without a mask. Lots of sanitizer at each place. Social distancing. I have no worries about keeping these appointments. 

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs 

Yes, I went to all my doctor and dentist appointments in June & July. 

I have several medical conditions so I see several doctors twice a year for checkups. I am at risk for COVID, but it’s important for me to keep doctor appointments so they can order various medical tests to evaluate my health.  

With all the precautions the doctor offices, personnel, and I took I felt safe. I was a bit anxious at the first appointment, because it was my first time out in months, but after that, I wasn’t worried.

Nothing can be guaranteed, of course, but so far my biggest concern wasn’t the doctor, but my sister who tested positive. Since I had brief contact with her I also got tested, but my test was negative. 

Super Contributor

I am in NJ and I have been to my Primary and feel comfortable enough to now make other appointments, i.e. dentist, gyno etc.  I do ask what their protocols are.  I want all dr. visits done before the winter sets in or a second wave begins.  

Trusted Contributor

Since the last week in May orthopedist for knee injections, my PCP, and my dentist. I just made an appointment for next week for a mammogram and bone density test. Everywhere I've been, I have felt comfortable and safe. The first three appointments I mentioned were supposed to happen in March and were rescheduled twice. So I say do what you're comfortable doing.