Trusted Contributor

I have issues with different sore points in my mouth so a few years ago, on this very board, I saw a suggestion to use GLYOXIDE.

It was a great help for my oral health and I had it on my Amazon "subscribe and save" list of products I get every month  for several years.

A few months ago, Amazon cancelled the subscription due to lack of inventory.  Today, I saw that a small 4 oz size is being sold online for $40.00!!!  I usually paid about $12.00.

Does anyone know what happened to the availability of Glyoxide and, if it's not in production what a good substitute would be????  Thanks!

Contributor

Re: AVAILABILITY OF GLYOXIDE

Glyoxide is a an excellent product. I have trouble finding it.  I sometimes luck out at CVS. 

Trusted Contributor

@JackiS   I hope someone reading this post will have an explanation as to why the supply of Glyoxide is so scarce.

For how much was CVS selling it?

The prices at the few places I saw selling it were astronomical!!

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda - for the past few months, I have had trouble finding a deodorant that I have used forever - Ban solid.

I finally got so tired of looking in each store and looking on line (prices were ridiculous), I sent a note off to the company.

Try that and see if you get any help. Have you tried a store brand of this product - I have used the private label ones and they are pretty good.

Valued Contributor

I think Colgate Peroxyl and Oral B Mouth Sore Rinse may be similar.

Trusted Contributor

@riley1   I think that's an excellent suggestion.  I'll call them on Monday.  There is a contact # on the bottle.  I'm glad I posted as I never thought of that idea.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Check eBay for Gly-Oxide.

Honored Contributor

The Walgreen near me has the .5 ounce size for $12.65 and the 2 ounce size for $39.99.  If I order it now, they will deliver it on Wednesday.  

Respected Contributor

I've found Colgate's Peroxyl to work very well whenever I've had irritation from dental work or canker sores. I don't need it on a regular basis, but bought some a few months ago at CVS.

Honored Contributor

Stop shopping online! Just go ask your local pharmacist!

"Pure Michigan"