Honored Contributor

ANYONE TAKING SAFFRON?

[ Edited ]

Andrew Lessman has a product called Saffron15. 

Never heard of this before.  Is this new ... or I just never noticed it before.

Anyone taking this?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Andrew Lessman has a product called Saffron15. 

Never heard of this before.  Is this new ... or I just never noticed it before.

Anyone taking this?

Considered a pretty good anti-depressant.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Yes, i take saffron, but not Lessman's. I get mine from Piping Rock. This is one of the supplements I take for eye health, due to its high carotenoids, which are good for lens & retina protection.

Honored Contributor

Any day now, Andrew Lessman will start putting dirt in capsules and talking a mile a minute to convince people they need them as "trace minerals".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  -  I can't wait Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Yes. Both my husband and I take it daily in combination with PQQ. Studies show not only good antioxidant benefits, but  the two together May ward off Alzheimer's Disease. No guarantee.....but, what the heck....any chance is a good chance to take. 

Honored Contributor

Saffron supplements are another thing that people claims cures or lessen some conditions.   Depression, anxiety, alzheimers, menstrual cramps and a bunch of other things.  There some negative side effects for people who have some diseases.  Bipolar for one.  Saffron supplements can bring on a manic episode.  I remember seeing that in medical record at work.  

Honored Contributor

Sounds similar to Ashwaganda. 

Valued Contributor

I tried it.  Ordered from AL.  I had an unusual reaction, not bad but just.....strange.  My eyelids felt heavy.  Like I could not keep them from closing over my eyes.  It wasn't that I was tired or sleepy just that my eyelids wanted to close over my eyes and at times my eyes felt grainy.  I'm still not sure what that was about only that when I stopped taking the Saffron the eyelids reported back to duty.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

Ever since I accidentally washed a bunch of this down the drain, it is barred from the house.  It was very expensive is all I remember.