Valued Contributor

He's on HSN now. I can't decide if I want it or not. Anyone else try this Marine Collagen?

Honored Contributor

I have been taking it for nearly a year since having arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus.  My orthopedic surgeon recommended taking powdered collagen to help preserve and strengthen my knee cartilage and prevent the need for a knee replacement.

Honored Contributor

I just looked up collagen online.  I know that in order to promote growth a protein must contain the eight essential amino acids. This can get very complicated and one must be a food or organic chemist to figure out whether Lessman's concoction qualified.  I did find this:

"Collagen is sold commercially in pill form as a dietary supplement with intent to aid joint mobility or enhance skin health, although there remains no scientific evidence for such effects.[15][not in citation given] Because proteins are broken down into amino acids during digestion, there is no reason for orally ingested collagen to affect connective tissue in the body."

So they're saying taken as a supplement, collagen does nothing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Pook Thank You for responding. That really helps.

Contributor

His Marine Collagen is the best it is great for your skin, hair and nails. You could drink it with your shake in the morning or coffee or just plain water preferably room temperture water. There isn't any taste at all it is also very good for joints and bones. If you purchase a lot of beauty products for your skin and hair this is treating that from the inside out! It is today's special so I definitely placed my order.

Honored Contributor

I don't take that, but I do take other vitamins of his.  I like his vitamins and feel that they are definitely better than those that sit on the shelves in stores.

Contributor

I have been taking it for years and it has improved my health just read the reviews there are 100's and for the nay sayers they probably don't take care of themselves ANY WAY!

Honored Contributor

Did anyone read what I bothered to researched and write or do you selectively just read what you want to hear?  Why did you bother asking @DJP if you already knew the answer? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I take 2 scoops, one in the morning and one before bed.  I mix it with his Whey in the morning in 1/3 cup of coffee and I mix it at night with 1T of potato starch in home made bone broth.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Dear Kachina 624,

Many thanks for doing the research on our behalf. A doctor who is also a friend recommended Usana labs for vitamins, dietary supplements... Honestly have not tried them yet.🌻