Trusted Contributor

My local small hospital is conducting trials on transfusing donated "convalescent plasma" to severely ill COVID patients.  To date, two of three patients who were on ventilators are now breathing on their own.

I will take any ray of sunshine and good news while continuing to pray diligently for all our health care workers and the scientists, technicians, volunteers, everyone involved in fighting this evil.

Honored Contributor

Re: A bit of promising news

[ Edited ]

@PilatesLover 

A great good news thread. Another indicator of how important that type of testing has been. Hopefully more can be given this test and if qualified, will donate their blood to help save the really sick patients with this disease.

I have used so much donated blood over many years. Were I in a position knowing my blood could help someone. Of course, with my doctor(s) approvals, I would happily donate blood.

Thanks to all those working so hard to save people and to those that are able to donate blood to that cause.

Thanks for an uplifting thread.

hckynut 🏒 🏒

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

My local small hospital is conducting trials on transfusing donated "convalescent plasma" to severely ill COVID patients.  To date, two of three patients who were on ventilators are now breathing on their own.

I will take any ray of sunshine and good news while continuing to pray diligently for all our health care workers and the scientists, technicians, volunteers, everyone involved in fighting this evil.

Our local hospital is also looking for donors who have tested positive and recovered.  

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover   Care to share which state you are from?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: A bit of promising news

[ Edited ]

@PilatesLover 

Thank you.

Two teaching / research Medical Centers doing similar here.

Also, SESMAE STREET is offering a feature about COVID 19

Tomorrow at 9:00 am.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Drythe Here too, was just reported that my large teaching hospital was doing the same.  I'm in Delaware.