Respected Contributor

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.

[ Edited ]

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Lali1 @KarenQVC - Or, it could mean that those medical professionals know more about the studies done on that mRNA technology in the past, and that is why they are more cautious.  I know from reading comments from medical profesionals to published articles that some of them question the long term effects of these inoculations.  Long term effects are yet to be revealed.  Cancer and autoimmune conditions are possible. Antibody dependent enhancement is also possible, as is Type 2 macrophage destruction. There is no clear understanding of where the mRNA will migrate to, or what effect the anti-spike antibodies created will have on different organ systems of the human body.  One thing is for sure, however.  One day, this will be known, as many millions of people have already been injected with these novel-to-humankind injections.

I think it is the most intelligent professionals who are reluctant to jump in assume such potential medical and immune system risk. 

I already have an autoimmune condition. Just personally so so sick of people calling those hesitant to get vaccinated awful names and saying we want to kill people. Go after criminals who really are killing people. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

My guess would be that health care workers who refuse the vax would be less educated than those who do take it.  That would follow the same trends as some polls I've read.

What a stretch and so judgemental. Education has nothing to do with it. Some people are hesitant to get this brand new vaccine. It does not make them stupid. 

It seems to me that the judgemental are the ones who are uneducated. 

If they are educated then they must know and realize that there are NO long term studies on health outcomes from this new vaccine....how can they not know this?  So they must be perfectly fine with it since they willingly get the vaccine and feel that not getting sick from Covid is better than possible illness (such as autoimmune or cancer) down the road.

I am hesitant because I fear serious long term autoimmune more than Covid...sure both can be life threatening with long term issues.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

My guess would be that health care workers who refuse the vax would be less educated than those who do take it.  That would follow the same trends as some polls I've read.

What a stretch and so judgemental. Education has nothing to do with it. Some people are hesitant to get this brand new vaccine. It does not make them stupid. 

It seems to me that the judgemental are the ones who are uneducated. 

If they are educated then they must know and realize that there are NO long term studies on health outcomes from this new vaccine....how can they not know this?  So they must be perfectly fine with it since they willingly get the vaccine and feel that not getting sick from Covid is better than possible illness (such as autoimmune or cancer) down the road.

I am hesitant because I fear serious long term autoimmune more than Covid...sure both can be life threatening with long term issues.

This is pretty much what I'm hearing from my physician friends (an oncologist and anesthesiologist). To imply in any way that they are uneducated because they want to know more about long term effects from the vaccine before taking or recommending it is absolutely mind boggling. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

Your comparison reminds me of 2009 ....

That year I got so sick not long after the flu shot - I ended up in Critical Care at my doctor's (group practice) office.  I thought I was dying as I was lying there with a saline drip and a raging fever.

Doctor said .... just think how sick you'd be if you didn't have the flu shot!

----------------------------------------------------------