Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: 3 cases of COVID in fully vaccinated in Hawaii. I have questions.

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Not surprising. 

Two times I got the flu about 1 month after receiving the vaccine.  They were much worse than anytime I had the flu when I didn't get the vaccine even though we are told the symptoms wouldn't be as bad.  

So, I don't believe everything I hear.  

So far the vaccine is iffy.  How long will immunity last, as well?  Some are saying 3-6 months just like the flu vaccine, but no one knows at this point.  

Studies on these vaccines are ongoing and rightly so.  Look at the form signed before the vaccine is given.  It says they are experimental.  

@Foxxee 

I keep reading similar statements on these forums.  I got the Moderna vaccine at a pharmacy and signed no such form.

@shoesnbags  same.  I got my first Moderna vaccine last week and signed no such form.

Honored Contributor

I know someone who got Covid after his first vaccine.  However, they found out he was exposed just prior to getting the vaccine so more than likely it had already started when he was vaccinated.

I saw on GMA this morning that the UConn women's basketball coach tested positive for Covid and he has rec'd both of his vaccines.  He received his second 5 days prior to his Covid diagnosis. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Thank you for posting this, @Nonametoday. I find it interesting that I have not seen or heard ANYTHING about this Gallup poll. 

This is why people have distrust, in my opinion. We are cherry picked on what we are told. If the powers that be want us to hear it, the news is saturated with it. If not, its just the luck of the draw if we hear of it or not. 

Anyhow, ty for posting. 

@happycat , keep in mind what NameAlreadyTaken posted could be totally untrue.  People make stuff up and pass it along through social media and it's fake.  But it goes on and on as real and people accept without any evidence to back it up as truth.

Esteemed Contributor

The report of the trial by Phizer indicated that there were about 10 infections for the vaccinated and 170 for the placebo.

So we see about 10 for the vaccinated and 170 for the others going forward, times population.

Interesting to see how this year will be.

Respected Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

My guess would be that health care workers who refuse the vax would be less educated than those who do take it.  That would follow the same trends as some polls I've read.

What a stretch and so judgemental. Education has nothing to do with it. Some people are hesitant to get this brand new vaccine. It does not make them stupid. 

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 @KarenQVC - Or, it could mean that those medical professionals know more about the studies done on that mRNA technology in the past, and that is why they are more cautious.  I know from reading comments from medical profesionals to published articles that some of them question the long term effects of these inoculations.  Long term effects are yet to be revealed.  Cancer and autoimmune conditions are possible. Antibody dependent enhancement is also possible, as is Type 2 macrophage destruction. There is no clear understanding of where the mRNA will migrate to, or what effect the anti-spike antibodies created will have on different organ systems of the human body.  One thing is for sure, however.  One day, this will be known, as many millions of people have already been injected with these novel-to-humankind injections.

I think it is the most intelligent professionals who are reluctant to jump in assume such potential medical and immune system risk. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D - Here's another incidence of a family of people, one in healthcare (2nd injection on January 12th, testing positive on March 18th), who are testing postive for COVID after their injections:

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2021/03/19/breakthrough-cases-of-covid-19-impact-the-fully...

I am sure that there will be many more such breakthrough cases, considering that this has already been seen in nursing homes around the world, and as antibody duration is unknown, post injection.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D,  

I posted elsewhere on another thread that we have had an outbreak in a nursing home here in my state.  It was brought in by an unvaccinated healthcare worker & has resulted in 40 other infections in the nursing home.  There were a few residents that were fully vaccinated that did contract the virus, but most were in residents that had declined vaccination.  5 people have been hospitalized, but all of those individuals were unvaccinated.  So the vaccine appears to have done its job here.

They have identified an unknown variant in this outbreak though, originating from patient zero that brought it into the nursing home.  They are currently doing the genetic sequencing to identify the variant since it does not match any other known variants out there at this time.  At any rate, whatever that variant turns out to be, looks like the mRNA vaccines worked well against it in preventing serious disease & hospitalization. I think they all received the Pfizer vaccine in that particular nursing home.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pitdakota  I wonder if her employer will require all to be vaccinated after that.  I shudder to think of the many health care workers including doctors that are refusing to get vaccinated who could be working at a clinic or hospital near you.  There are many visiting angel type organizations that come into your home too....how awful if they too refuse to get vaccinated and infect the whole family. 

Trusted Contributor

@pitdakotaedited to add

If a health care worker refuses to get vaccinated they should no longer be called "health" care worker more like "crapshoot" worker or  "grim reaper" worker or "you really want to let me in your house?" worker.