Respected Contributor

2nd Dose of the Vaccine Update

I'm almost afraid of posting this because I don't want to jinx myself, but after I posted about my first dose, other posters asked for an update after the 2nd dose.

It has now been 25 hours since I have my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine.  I am very happy to say that except for a little soreness in the arm, I have had ZERO side effects.  I know people who had the chills and a a sligth fever but I have had nothing.  I am so grateful....both for being able to get the vaccine and for not haveing the side effects.

I have been told by those who did have side effects that they don't last beyond a day.....a small price to pay for peace of mind. 

Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd Dose of the Vaccine Update

Good for you!!  Just remember to keep social distance, wear a mask, wash hands frequently.  Stay safe!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing your experience, AND, good for you. You can now relax a little.

I think I'd have better luck finding a Unicorn wearing tennis shoes, than the first dose of the vaccine. It's just not happening. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Travone for the update and am happy your symptoms were so slight.  We have our second dose of Moderna this coming Monday afternoon.  Smiley Happy

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

My 86 yr. old mom had her 2nd vaccine yesterday,she lives in I ndiana, here in maine it is still 70 and up,new hampshire is doing 65 and up.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Contributor

@Travone wrote:

I'm almost afraid of posting this because I don't want to jinx myself, but after I posted about my first dose, other posters asked for an update after the 2nd dose.

It has now been 25 hours since I have my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine.  I am very happy to say that except for a little soreness in the arm, I have had ZERO side effects.  I know people who had the chills and a a sligth fever but I have had nothing.  I am so grateful....both for being able to get the vaccine and for not haveing the side effects.

I have been told by those who did have side effects that they don't last beyond a day.....a small price to pay for peace of mind. 

Waiting patiently (not) for first dose of Pfizer scheduled on March 7th. 

Honored Contributor

@Travone 

Keep us posted, please!

My 2nd is scheduled for 3/5.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

My second dose is tomorrow😀

Honored Contributor

I'm scheduled for my first dose (Pfizer) at 3:17 PM today.  Was finally able to get an appointment throough my doctor's office.  (They are affiliated with the hospital that I will be going to for my shot(s).)

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Good for you!!  Just remember to keep social distance, wear a mask, wash hands frequently.  Stay safe!

@kaydee50 

Absolutely!

All of the experts are saying not to become complacent after receiving the vaccine, all current protocols should still be followed.

Thank you for this reminder!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.