WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: What Wen was your very First One? or which Product turned you into WENaddict?

My first Wen purchase was a 16 oz SOB CC on ebay,

1st time I used it I knew I'd found something really special Smiley Very Happy

I almost ordered from a Guthy Renker infomercial but didn't want the mandatory ADSmiley Sad

At that time I didn't know there was a difference in formulas Smiley Frustrated

So I start buying whatever is cheap on ebay and one seller stated that it's a QVC product & not the GR version. Then I did like @sonechko & googled guthy renker Wen & saw all the neg CS reviews, & learned how to spot the differences in packaging.

Well then I checked out QVC & got the 4 CCs of SAM, POM, TT, & LAV but I got so hooked on the seasonals that I didn't even try them for a long time. I surfed ebay constantly & found some really great deals. I collected nearly all the CCs & many of the oils, in a few months. Now I mostly purchase from QVC cuz when they do TSVs & OTOs their prices are usually better than ebay Smiley Very Happy And now I've tried everything so I know what I like & what special deals to take advantage of Smiley Wink

This forum is one of the highlights of my day, as I know it is for many of you. It's so fun to share with others who Get It Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: What Wen was your very First One? or which Product turned you into WENaddict?

@sonechko wrote:

@islandgrrl wrote:

What year did WEN first come to QVC?  That would have been the timing of my first purchase and there weren't many options back then.  I started with the SAM CC then ultimately got the full suite -- in those days that meant styling cream and oil.  That was it.  

I later tried Fig and it was just ok so back to SAM I went.  I don't think I tried TT (which is now my favorite) for about 5 years.

So you are WEN Pioneer? I don't know when WEN started, but must be a looong time ago, and you are using it for years @islandgrrl? All this time is it only WEN for you, or something else as well you've used? How is you hair doing being Wenned for such long time?

@sonechko and @islandgrrl@, @bruingirl would know for sure but I think it may have been around August 28th, 2005... lol, let's see how far off I am. Smiley Happy

I know that Jacqui was the very first host with Chaz and that the first time the gallons were offered they sold out almost immediately (I think they may have brought in 2,600 gallons).

I started watching Chaz's shows around 2006 and I spent months trying to decide if I should go with the Ojon guy (Denis Simione) or Chaz. I liked Chaz better but I just couldn't wrap my brain around the idea of a cleansing conditioner... especially cause I knew it would make my oil slicked scalp even greasier (who knew, that it would actually normalize my oily scalp!). 

I loved Ojon because it was so much better than any other shampoo I had ever used, but I kept watching Chaz's shows. I read the Wen posts in the QVC forums, but I still couldn't understand how a cleansing conditioner could cleanse my hair.

I almost bought the December 2008 (5) 16oz CCs TSV for $75 plus free shipping, but I chickened out at the last minute. So when I saw another (5) 16oz CC TSV for $80 plus shipping in December 2009, I jumped on it. Smiley Happy

I loved the Sweet Almond Mint, but it was too heavy for my hair. That said, it still gave me the very best hair I had ever had. The Lavender, which was supposed to be for my hair type, was sort of drying and made my hair frizzier (but less to than my Ojon shampoo). But the Tea Tree was absolutely perfect for me!!! Smiley Happy

Four months of using the TT CC normalized my oil slick of a scalp. And It's just gotten better and better!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 at least you have found SAM Smiley Very Happy & it's not going anywhere Smiley Wink

Have you tried mixing SAM & FAS ??? I love that mix Heart Bet you would too Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @bebe777  2005 sounds right.  I think I discovered QVC in 2004 when home sick with the flu.  But I probably didn't buy anything until about 2005.  I do remember that WEN was one of my first Q purchases.  It was for sure the first item that bought with any regularity.  

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn  Oooh!  I have not!  I am about to have my own Friday NIght Beauty test.  I've not yet done the whole mixing thing that everyone else is so adept at.

I do like SAM.  It's almost as good but I still think it's rude to pry my FAS out of my cold bare hands just after I find it, survive it, and love it.  I'm about to walk my own trail of tears.   I just know it.  I already have the bugle corps on standby December 1st for a stunning rendition of TAPS.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

Thanks, @bebe777  2005 sounds right.  I think I discovered QVC in 2004 when home sick with the flu.  But I probably didn't buy anything until about 2005.  I do remember that WEN was one of my first Q purchases.  It was for sure the first item that bought with any regularity.  

I don't purchase many other items from QVC except for Wen.  I may occasionally purchase something else from QVC but not very often.  

Esteemed Contributor

My first purchase was SAM back when WEN cc and sc were touted as the only products needed. Although I liked SAM for how it managed my hair, I switched to POM as I liked the scent  better and also found it did a great job on my hair. I did like FGP but my stash consists of POM and 613. I've found that 613 is WEN on steroids so I alternate it and the POM or mix.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.