WEN

Occasional Contributor

Re: What WEN Did You Buy This Week?

[ Edited ]

@ChazzyLady wrote:

Thanks @quadmimi. Tee hee, my "alleged" self control didn't last long; just bought the Replenishing Treatment Mist in Pomegranate with auto delivery, also! 😁 Now, that's it, I'm done, no more.......... I think. 😇

I was able to keep myself from buying everything I wanted.... the first transaction. I then did two more transactions 🤣

I settled on two items for hubby, two for me and one we will both use. No promises to not use his Light set though😉

Respected Contributor

@MzNikki48 wrote:

@ChazzyLady wrote:

Thanks @quadmimi. Tee hee, my "alleged" self control didn't last long; just bought the Replenishing Treatment Mist in Pomegranate with auto delivery, also! 😁 Now, that's it, I'm done, no more.......... I think. 😇

I was able to keep myself from buying everything I wanted.... the first transaction. I then did two more transactions 🤣

I settled on two items for hubby, two for me and one we will both use. No promises to not use his Light set though😉

@MzNikki48 I am still looking at the Men's Wen set...but I should only really look!

Oh yes use his Light, whenever I give my Hubby one I always use it anyway!..lol

Super Contributor

@glam_girl wrote:

Hi @ChazzyLady I will try and do my best to describe the scent of Bella Spirit.  I currently have the Revitalizing Treatment Oil, Cleansing Conditioner and Styling Cream, but will use the oil to write you a reply since it has the highest concentration of fragrance.  If anybody else wants to chime in with their own thoughts please do!!!

Let me start by saying that I am extremely sensitive to strong smells.  When it comes to perfumes in general, I usually gravitate to clean scents as daily scents and sometimes to soft vanilla/warm scents.  I currently alternate between Clean's Acqua Neroli and Marc Jacobs Pear (which I sometimes mix with vanilla scented perfumes)

Bella Spirit smells different in the bottle than when it touches your skin.  Scent will always change with skin chemistry (keep that in mind).  I detect a faint smell of lavender with honey and a slight (extremely subtle) smell of eucalyptus.  It is so hard to describe, but this mixture is something I would've never imagined in a scent.  I tend to mix perfumes in order to get a unique scent that it is not overly strong (I also mix Wen CC and Oils in order to achieve that perfect scent), but with Bella Spirit I think Chaz already did it for me.

Just so you get an idea of my favorite Wen scents. I have tons of Cleansing Conditioners in rotation, but the ones I keep buying (besides Bella Spirit) are: Winter Red Currant, Winter Vanilla Mint and Summer Tropical Paradise.  I have not tried 613 yet, but bought the TSV in Treatment so I could try it along with 319 and Indigo (all three will be new to me)

I hope this helps.  I am addicted to Bella Spirit and it is not only because of the scent.  The ingredients are amazing for my hair and skin.  The softness I get without the heaviness.... that's why I keep coming back for more.  

I truly hope Chaz keeps expanding the Bella Spirit line. I secretly hope for a scalp scrub in the near future.  

Thank you so much @glam_girl for that wonderful description of Bella Spirit. When I read the scent description for it and saw that it contained eucalyptus, I thought that could go from being very invigorating to hit you over the head strong. This sounds subtly scented and soothing. Hey we can all use a little, or a lot, of soothing these days.

I like mixing and even layering different scents too. I haven't tried the Winter Red Currant, Winter Vanilla Mint and Summer Tropical Paradise yet. I predict that you will fall in love with 613, it's so amazing. Funny that it's described as having the main scents of lemon, rosemary and vanilla since, at least to me, none of these scents are predominant. I think that when it comes to fragrance, he and his team are great at creating products that are greater than the sum of their parts.

Please let us know what you think of the 613/319/Bella trio you bought. Though I was tempted both because of the great price as well as getting a new trio with auto delivery, I just don't really want a whole bottle of an unscented CC.

Thanks again and have a blessed day.😊

Regular Contributor

Regular Contributor

@ChazzyLady Glad it helped Smiley Happy for the TSV I will be using 319 as a booster and will mix it with all my other CCs. I also have a feeling that I will love 613. Indigo is the only one I’m not sure how will benefit my hair color (mine is dyed black hehe) but I can mix it with any CCs in the first wash to get rid of extra mineral deposits (copper, iron, etc.) which I’ve read it’s the main purpose of blue or purple cleansers since those extra minerals tend to cause brassiness and worsen hair texture. Brassiness is not an issue for me, but I’m always looking for softening cleansers since I have hard water at home.
Super Contributor

@glam_girl wrote:
@ChazzyLadyGlad it helped Smiley Happy for the TSV I will be using 319 as a booster and will mix it with all my other CCs. I also have a feeling that I will love 613. Indigo is the only one I’m not sure how will benefit my hair color (mine is dyed black hehe) but I can mix it with any CCs in the first wash to get rid of extra mineral deposits (copper, iron, etc.) which I’ve read it’s the main purpose of blue or purple cleansers since those extra minerals tend to cause brassiness and worsen hair texture. Brassiness is not an issue for me, but I’m always looking for softening cleansers since I have hard water at home.

Oops, I said Bella but you're right it's Indigo. I don't currently color my hair but I might in the future. I can't remember if he said that Indigo would also boost the look of one's natural hair but I think he did.

Oh no, hadn't thought about using the 319 as a booster with other CCs and now you've got me tempted to get that trio, LOL! And I thought I was done shopping! 😁

Esteemed Contributor

I've been shopping like crazy, getting WEN deals from QVC, Chaz's site, and eBay. I'm indebted to Chaz, and WEN is really my one indulgence.

New this year:

•Cherry Blossom 1 qt cc & 6oz RTM duo, 3.4oz EDP duo.

•Tropical Paradise 1 qt cc & 6oz RTM duo.

•Coconut Lime Verbena 6oz RTM duo.

•Cucumber Basil Tea EDP 1.7oz duo and Cucumber Aloe texture balm.

•WEN Botanical on auto delivery.

•🎰 Trio of hard to find Gardenia Green Tea cc.

Esteemed Contributor

Ordered from Chaz's annual

HAPPY  JULY SALE

A 16oz Spring Desert Poppy CC, two Desert Poppy RTM, my annual treat of a 16oz classic Fig, and another (my third!) WEN canvas tote.

40% off and free shipping!!   

Respected Contributor

From Chaz's July sale I got:

Bella Spirit Scrub, 32oz Summer Pink Lemonade Cleansing Conditioner

And also got free shipping!

Esteemed Contributor

In August from QVC:

Desert Poppy kit of 1 quart CC,  with 1 SC and 1 RTM.

Trio of Desert Poppy SC

Trio of Desert Poppy mousse

Duo Desert Poppy RTM

In Sept 1pint WVM CC

In Sept from Chaz at 30% off:

1pint WWF CC, 1 SC, 1 RTM

1 BGT RTM, 1SC, 1 Volumizer