WEN

Trusted Contributor

Re: Wen isn't working for me.

yeah - lots of things are not working for lots of people now.

Trusted Contributor

WEN did not work for me either.  I tried pomegranate., lavender, cucumber and almond.  Sorry Chaz!  Maybe it's the water

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that Wen isn't working for. I may try it again but yesterday  I washed with my regular Oribe shampoo and conditioner and I can go a couple of days without shampooing again...

Respected Contributor

After trying everything and finally using up the gallon I bought. I went back to Pantene Classic Clean. Never looked back. Leaves my hair clean and it has so much shine, body. Not everything works for everyone I know this. When Wen first came to QVC it was to replace 7 items you would usually use. Then each time Wen came back they would have something new to add. Now Wen wants you to add this and add that. 5 pumps of this five pumps of that. Add this to your regimen, you need this. Way to many products. Yes I get you don’t have to use everything. But the point of Wen was only one product! That’s the trouble with beauty lines.....they just add way to many products.
Respected Contributor

@Nadine  It sounds to me as if you didn't get enough water worked into the cleansing conditioner when you were cleansing.  As I mentioned in my first reply to your original post, you may need to experiment to find the correct amount of product to use.  However many pumps of cleansing conditioner you used, try adding one or two more pumps, work it through, then duck your head under the shower spray to get enough water to work the conditioner into  a good frothy lather. 

Until you get your scalp re-balanced so it is not over-producing oils, your second day may not feel as clean and bouncy as your first day hair does.  Every time you strip your scalp with regular shampoo you provoke it to make more oil, and only one use of WEN cannot correct that, it will take a week or two. 

I have very fine hair and my scalp used to be very oily, but not any more, WEN keeps me balanced and clean. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nadine  I read down these replies from unhappy users and I see what i always see:

Not enough water

Not enough water

Not enough water and not enough WEN

Not enough WEN

Not enough water

. . . etc

Your result sounds like both not enough wen and certainly not enough water.

As @CamilleP writes, shampoo strips, and your scalp responds by overproducing oil to compensate.       The cycle never stops.

You wrote:

Hair really wet, golf ball size conditioner....

Should then say:

Then I added a lot more water 

Water activates WEN.

I can't spread WEN straight from the bottle across my wet head. WENs too dense, too concentrated, and my zig-zag hair grabs and holds it.

It never gets down to my scalp that way.

edit to add  Sounds like your scalp didn't get cleaned either, just your hair.    

I pump WEN out into a plastic cup so I can pre-dilute it until its doubled in volume, then apply it right at the scalp.   

That's just to get it to spread.

still add more water to get it to clean.

Read the replies from your first thread.

Its ALL there.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nadine - You said in your OP, your hair is shoulder length and you used one golf ball size (about 4 pumps from the 32 oz size bottle)  - You should probably be using at least 2 golf balls one for your crown and one for your midsection down.

Not every product is for everyone, but don't give up just yet. Keep experimenting.

I agree with @x Hedge and mix my Wen in a cup. I then add more water while I'm cleansing and then again during the rinse. 

Esteemed Contributor

Don’t fret Nadine01 @x Hedge is a true Wen girl that has given you good advice. There is a learning curve using Wen and most Wen girls have their own stories of not using enough product , not rinsing enough. It amazes me that most of these replies are not even from Wen users. I have used Wen for 14 + years and in the beginning I did not use enough product or rinse enough as well. But after my first use I knew one thing I would never use any other product ever again. Good luck and don’t be discouraged .
Valued Contributor

I used plenty of water. Wen is just too complicated. Really don't get that so much product needs to be used. I did read the first thread when I asked about Wen and really thought I was using the product correctly. Thanks all of you, appreciate all the comments. I admit I'm not a patient person but like I say washing your hair shouldn't require a page of instructions on how to do it.

Honored Contributor

I get it that WEN is not for everyone, just as any other beauty product is not for everyone.  I will sing its praises, though.  I'm a 7-year WEN girl & have never found using it complicated.  I cleanse every day or every other day, depending upon how much I sweat (thank you menopause).  My hair has never been better.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.