WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Wen isn't working for me.

Good suggestions. I didn't leave the conditioner in long enough on the second cleanse. I thought I was doing it right but I need to tweak it some and try it again

Trusted Contributor

I found out it's really true the more you use the better your results. Don't use so much it's falling off and being wasted but definitely use PLENTY. Work it in. Treat yourself. Rinse well, do it again and leave in while you finish showering or clip up and read.  Rinse well. Add another pump or two back in as a leave in conditioner. Try it on a day you don't have to go out so you can feel free to use a lot and not worry about looking oily. You will be shocked at how good your hair looks. I have a bob, length between my shoulders and chin, very fine, straight, flat, hair. But using Wen BGT cleanser, any Wen styling cream, any Wen mousse, gives me tons of volume, body, and shine. I blow dry and spritz with the Wen volumizing spray and my 60 yo hair looks better than ever!. If I try to use just a little to cleanse or skip the leave in, my hair doesn't plump up as much. Also, I think my hair really likes BGT but I finally ordered Bella Spirit and I'm looking forward to trying it!

KJPA
Valued Contributor

I need to try the Wen Mousse. KJPA your hair sounds like mine, the same length pretty much. Good suggestions, Thanks

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@CamilleP 

Due to shoulder damage, I can't stand up and put both hands atop my head. So I wash my hair bent forward at the sink.

Very easy to pause on the 2nd cleanse, clip my hair up and turn the faucet off for a while.

In fact I often pause just before the 2nd rinse and add a scoop of Remoist, clip it up, and come back to the room later to rinse it out.

Hi, Hedge.  I'm sorry to hear that you're not up to par.  That sounds painful.  I fervently hope it's not chronic and goes away real soon.  No one should suffer.  I'll ask The Good Lord if He'll help.  XXOO

Respected Contributor

Well I got inspired by this thread (I posted on 1st page) and thought why not take the suggestions here and use the product the way the ladies are saying.  

So I did just that and WOW I had really good results.  I think I was stuck in my past negative experience many yrs ago.....and just couldn't get myself to use it differently.

So I used my Summer collection CCs and then some as leave in...and the styling cream (POM) from his last TSV.  My hair was clean feeling....bouncy...and I could go for a few days w/o washing again.  

The styling cream is a must have now for me too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite Many years ago I purchased the WEN Sweet Almond Mint, which was an advertisement on TV. I knew nothing about WEN or Chaz at that time, but the commercial was encouraging. Was very excited when it arrived in the mail, still not knowing anything about WEN, Chaz, or even QVC at that time!

The first thing I did was NOT read the instructions. ha! So I tried to use it like I did with all shampoos and conditioners in the past. I definitely didn't use enough product, I definitely did not use enough water, and I definitely did not rinse thoroughly; nor repeat the whole process! 

OMG! My hair was a greasy mess and I just hated the product, tossing it away in the garbage without a second thought, and went back to my regular shampoo and condition, which was Nexxus, definitely not cheap, and also Nick Chavez.

Then I started watching QVC, but couldn't spend a second watching Chaz and his products. Always turned the TV off or at least changed channels until he was off the screen.

But after reading the thread under the WEN forum and hearing about how many people were having the same kind of hair that I saw on Chaz's presentations, and then also hearing about all the excitement (the gallons are coming, the gallons are coming!), I tried again. 

First thing I did was post a question about which one I should get, and it was unanimous that they felt I should start with Tea Tree (for my thinning hair) and Lavender (for volume). I purchased the variety of packets one week before June gallon month, and then I purchased a gallon of TT and a gallon of LAV; I was going all in! In fact, I also got a gallon of Fall Ginger Pumpkin and a gallon of Winter Vanilla Mint! $800!! And I hadn't had a chance to smell the pumpkin nor the mint before. Chaz just had a great way of describing both of them!

One of the first things I learned was that if you read this forum long enough and try the things suggested by the posters, you will get good results. It is trial and error sometimes because of our individual hair needs. But there are great suggestions on the forum AND, of course, watching and listening to Chaz. No matter how many times I watch him and listen to what he says, I always pick up something that is useful to me that I hadn't picked up on before.

So glad you took the suggestions. 

Trusted Contributor

Not only is there a learning curve for what flavor works best for your hair type, and a learning curve for amount of product your own hair responds to, the most trying curve is using it for at least a month for your scalp to get used to how it cleans since it is not a soap. No matter how your hair misbehaves as it adjusts, not putting shampoo in it is worth it.

I tried it and quit so many times until Chaz said one time "you need to give it time. It sometimes can take up to a month for the oil production or the dry flakey's to normalize. Your scalp skin WILL normalize".

So I did that. I do not like the 5 original flavors. I bumped up to the seasonals, and listened carefully to him about what each kind was good for and by golly, after about one month and one week my hair had completely changed in texture, softness, manageability. In every way. 

Once you figure out how much to use for your own personal head, find the kind that gives you the best results, it works exactly as he says. The only benefit you don't get is the beautiful blow-outs all the WEN models get lol. You have to figure out your own blow style.

I recently moved up to the Bella Spirit line (traditional, not purple)and OMG! What a great decision. Yes, it is a bit more expensive but it is definitely worth the extra money. My hair is like silk and I can go 4-5 days without washing. I have stick straight hair and do not use any products in it (hairpsray or gel etc) so that may be why I can go so long, but I think it is the ingredients in it. He took out a lot of the regular line ingredients and it is mostly botanicals now.

I will never leave the Bella line now. I even wash my face with it and my skin is so soft.

Valued Contributor

I've tried the products in a few different ways. What's working the best for me is using around eight pumps, adding water so the product gets foamy, leaving it in for several minutes, rinsing really well  and not adding a leave in.. I know that's way different from all the recommendations but it's working for me. My hair is at my shoulders now, I usually don't let it get this long but since hairdressers aren't open now I  can't get it cut.I'm really liking the body and shine my hair has now.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear it's not working.  I hope you didn't buy a gallon! 

Respected Contributor

@Nadine  I'm so glad you kept at it!  and the other good thing is you've most likely helped someone else by saying what's worked for your hair!