WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen as a leave in - adding enough...

@77yangya wrote:

Hi, SandGirl.  No, you're not the only one.  My hair, and I blow dry, takes a full few hours to FULLY dry.  My hair is around to my shoulder blades.  I just cut a few inches off.  Went to a barber to just trim.  Anyway, I do half pump as leave in, around 12 to 13 maybe sometimes 20 pumps of mousse and one pump of styling creme and it takes a LONG time to fully dry.  It's really amazing how Wen makes my hair the best it can be but yes, mine takes a long time to dry.

@77yangya   THank you!! I am actually glad it wasn't just me, made me feel like I was doing something wrong even thought I have been with WEN many, many, many years, I just never tried a lot of leave in, I am happy I tried more and I did like the outcome but will just have to save doing that for a weekend day that I don't have to get out of the house and be somewhere at a certain time, at least I still put "some" in and reap a little bit of the benefits.  Thanks for your reply. Enjoy your day. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl 

I use one pump from my 32 oz. bottle & it works just fine.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

So you ladies wash everyday?  

I find that the more product I have on my hair the longer it takes for it to dry.  Whether that is letting it air dry some and then blowing it dry which is all I do using a round brush to style it.  I have very curly hair but it's not long or thick...but more CC or styling cream does help hold in the moisture.

To me it seems logical that with thick hair and a larger amount of CC that it would hold in the "water" moisture...adding more drying time.  

@tsavorite  This pandemic has my sched. all messed up but pre pandemic I work 5 days a week so if I go to wok I do the whole enchalada which includes cleansing, I use a styling product, lightly curl, hairspray into place plus workout each day, I just can't get 2nd day hair after sleeping on it, recurling over hair sprayed hair causes more damage than cleansing each day, actually my hair doesn't seem to get damaged cleansing every day so I guess I shouldn't work it that way but, you get what I mean. My hair is actually very baby fine but I have a fair amount of hair, I used to have a ton more but we all know what aging brings to some of us.  Smiley Happy

@SandGirl 

Ditto!  After sleeping on THIS head of hair, I just start over the next day.  Some days I let it go for the second day, but only if I'm not going out into public.  As a little girl, when my mama used to wake me up in the morning she would call me Phyllis (as in Diller) because if she didn't put it in rollers the night before, it was ALL OVER THE PLACE the next day!  😋🤪🤙

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@77yangya wrote:

Hi, SandGirl.  No, you're not the only one.  My hair, and I blow dry, takes a full few hours to FULLY dry.  My hair is around to my shoulder blades.  I just cut a few inches off.  Went to a barber to just trim.  Anyway, I do half pump as leave in, around 12 to 13 maybe sometimes 20 pumps of mousse and one pump of styling creme and it takes a LONG time to fully dry.  It's really amazing how Wen makes my hair the best it can be but yes, mine takes a long time to dry.

@77yangya   THank you!! I am actually glad it wasn't just me, made me feel like I was doing something wrong even thought I have been with WEN many, many, many years, I just never tried a lot of leave in, I am happy I tried more and I did like the outcome but will just have to save doing that for a weekend day that I don't have to get out of the house and be somewhere at a certain time, at least I still put "some" in and reap a little bit of the benefits.  Thanks for your reply. Enjoy your day. Smiley Happy 

Awwww.  Sure, doll!  Anytime!  XXOO

Respected Contributor

Here's what I tried now...

I was watching Chaz and his people do hair live so I kept noticing that when they were blowing out clients, smoke would pour away from the hair when the dryer was hitting it.  I thought...hmmmmm....how can I do this trick.  So when it's time for me to blow out I put a small blob of cleansing conditioner mixed with a pump of styling creme in my hand and apply to mids and ends.  Well, I didn't get that really boss smoke but I got WAY more body and bounce!  LOL!!!