WEN

Respected Contributor

Wen as a leave in - adding enough...

So, when Chaz is on and he shows how much I really "should" be using as a leave in I go and up my amount, I normally only use like a quarter size amount for my hair that goes past my bra line but when I try to add quite a bit more, my hair does comb easier and once dried I do feel more body HOWEVER, my drying time is increased by over 15 minues, yes ... 15 minues, it already takes me about 15-18min to blow dry my hair but with the leave in conditioner at the right amount it took me a full other 15min.  I can't do this on a work morning so I won't be able to use that amount as a leave it.

But, was wondering am I the only one with this issue?
By the way, it's not my blow dryer, I have a very good blow dryer that I love and does a very good job blowing my hair dry.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen as a leave in - adding enough...

@SandGirl 

I have long hair (middle of my back). I use one pump from a 32 oz. Wen CC. It takes 15 straight minutes to dry my hair if I don't take any breaks. I have not noticed that it takes much more dry time with the CC as a leave-in conditioner. I also use the Wen styling cream after the CC. I would be afraid not to use the products. It's much easier to comb through and I feel it protects my hair.

Respected Contributor

@jpie wrote:

@SandGirl 

I have long hair (middle of my back). I use one pump from a 32 oz. Wen CC. It takes 15 straight minutes to dry my hair if I don't take any breaks. I have not noticed that it takes much more dry time with the CC as a leave-in conditioner. I also use the Wen styling cream after the CC. I would be afraid not to use the products. It's much easier to comb through and I feel it protects my hair.

Is your hair dry? My hair stylist always comments on how wet my hair stays when she is cutting it, normally hair starts to dry when she is cutting, she said mine really holds the moisture and is not dry at all, of course she doesn't use WEN in my hair so it takes her 15-18min to blow dry it like it does me when I only use a little, I think I'll have to find a happy medium, play around with the amount of leave in so I get that volume w/out doubling the blow drying time.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have very short, fine hair. I use a pea size amount of leave in. I do not let it dry completely, as I want to be able to blow-dry a short minute or two to give it some lift with my brush. And it usually takes just a few minutes to get to that stage.

I am usually putting on my skincare products and then makeup while it is drying a bit. I am not wasting any time waiting for it to dry, so even if I put too much leave-in on my hair (which I sometimes do), it's not a problem time-wise. I'm busy doing other things in my morning routine.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl l have the same experience as you. More product of any kind (mousse, cc, sc) definitely increases my drying time. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I have very short, fine hair. I use a pea size amount of leave in. I do not let it dry completely, as I want to be able to blow-dry a short minute or two to give it some lift with my brush. And it usually takes just a few minutes to get to that stage.

I am usually putting on my skincare products and then makeup while it is drying a bit. I am not wasting any time waiting for it to dry, so even if I put too much leave-in on my hair (which I sometimes do), it's not a problem time-wise. I'm busy doing other things in my morning routine.

@World Traveler  I don't have time, it already takes me 90 min from shower to door to get ready and most of that is hair, I don't wear much makeup, super simple makeup routine (but I also have my skincare in there too) but I cleanse, blow dry, curl, style and spray, it just takes me some time to get ready -  Smiley Happy  

Valued Contributor

@SandGirl  Yes, I have the exact same problem.  My hair is bouncier with the leave-in, but it takes much longer to dry my hair with it in, and as I have to catch a train for work every weekday morning, I don't have time for that.  So I never use the leave-in, just the Styling Creme and Mousse.  I get home too late to wash it at night and prefer to wash it in the morning.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So you ladies wash everyday?  

I find that the more product I have on my hair the longer it takes for it to dry.  Whether that is letting it air dry some and then blowing it dry which is all I do using a round brush to style it.  I have very curly hair but it's not long or thick...but more CC or styling cream does help hold in the moisture.

To me it seems logical that with thick hair and a larger amount of CC that it would hold in the "water" moisture...adding more drying time.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

So you ladies wash everyday?  

I find that the more product I have on my hair the longer it takes for it to dry.  Whether that is letting it air dry some and then blowing it dry which is all I do using a round brush to style it.  I have very curly hair but it's not long or thick...but more CC or styling cream does help hold in the moisture.

To me it seems logical that with thick hair and a larger amount of CC that it would hold in the "water" moisture...adding more drying time.  

@tsavorite  This pandemic has my sched. all messed up but pre pandemic I work 5 days a week so if I go to wok I do the whole enchalada which includes cleansing, I use a styling product, lightly curl, hairspray into place plus workout each day, I just can't get 2nd day hair after sleeping on it, recurling over hair sprayed hair causes more damage than cleansing each day, actually my hair doesn't seem to get damaged cleansing every day so I guess I shouldn't work it that way but, you get what I mean. My hair is actually very baby fine but I have a fair amount of hair, I used to have a ton more but we all know what aging brings to some of us.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, SandGirl.  No, you're not the only one.  My hair, and I blow dry, takes a full few hours to FULLY dry.  My hair is around to my shoulder blades.  I just cut a few inches off.  Went to a barber to just trim.  Anyway, I do half pump as leave in, around 12 to 13 maybe sometimes 20 pumps of mousse and one pump of styling creme and it takes a LONG time to fully dry.  It's really amazing how Wen makes my hair the best it can be but yes, mine takes a long time to dry.