WEN

Esteemed Contributor

My hair was short for many-many years. I think, I had it covering my neck and barely touching my shoulders probably about twenty years ago.

After that, it was shorter and shorter every year. But it was not by choice, really. It just thinned out on the ends, broke and looked bad and pitiful generally, until I'd cut it.

It was okay then.

The best I could do was have it to my chin length. It came to a point that even short hair became impossible to handle, and only occasionally I had somewhat okay hair days. I basically stopped looking in the mirror.

At this point I discovered WEN. It started to change my hair slowly. First feel-wise, then visually and in a way of manageability. It started to look good when longer and longer.

It still has ways to go, mainly because I truly need to cut off ALL non-Wen hair.

It looks good let down often, and often I pin it up. I know I need to chop about 3-4 inches. But love the length. I am mentally ready to do the cut, but want Chaz trim it and come up with in-between stages hair cut. He would understand what I have and what I need and want. Meanwhile I am managing as is.

Trusted Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Don't @yisbuff2!!! Wear a baseball cap, a wig, a bucket, babushka scarf - Whatever you can find!

DO NOT Cut you hair. Leave it be. Soon you'll be able to pull your doggie ears back with a clip and not see for awhile..... I went through this, but survived and my hair just about to reach my shoulders, and starting to look like Wen Hair should - like a shiny wing of a bird - all strands are coming together to be part of a one system. Smiley Happy

Grow your WEN hair! Woman Happy

Heart Wen!

@sonechko I am resisting the urge!! My hair is past the ears stage thank goodness. I'm now in near the shoulders when wet, but shorter when dry and curly. It is feeling a little flimsy at times, but I believe that is because the ends need a touch of shaping. I'm trying to see if I can get past the shoulders. If I can get it to the 2-3 inches past my shoulder line then I will hair enough hair to air dry most of the time I think. That will account for shrinkage with waves/curls. I have hair ambition, but sometimes the URGE oh the URGE to CUT! LOL.

@yisbuff2 My mom has had short hair for as long as I can remember. A few years ago she decided to grow it out. I don't think it lasted more than a couple of inches before she got sick of it and decided to get a haircut. Cat Tongue

@HSB1204 I had short hair for 16 years and really loved it. It is only Wen that helped me grow it out honestly. But still, I get the urge! I think people look good with all kinds of styles. It is fun to have longer hair though.

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

My hair was short for many-many years. I think, I had it covering my neck and barely touching my shoulders probably about twenty years ago.

After that, it was shorter and shorter every year. But it was not by choice, really. It just thinned out on the ends, broke and looked bad and pitiful generally, until I'd cut it.

It was okay then.

The best I could do was have it to my chin length. It came to a point that even short hair became impossible to handle, and only occasionally I had somewhat okay hair days. I basically stopped looking in the mirror.

At this point I discovered WEN. It started to change my hair slowly. First feel-wise, then visually and in a way of manageability. It started to look good when longer and longer.

It still has ways to go, mainly because I truly need to cut off ALL non-Wen hair.

It looks good let down often, and often I pin it up. I know I need to chop about 3-4 inches. But love the length. I am mentally ready to do the cut, but want Chaz trim it and come up with in-between stages hair cut. He would understand what I have and what I need and want. Meanwhile I am managing as is.

What a story @sonechko! It sounds like you have done a lot of work to cultivate your beautiful locks. I bet it looks EVEN BETTER thank you realize. Even the last few inches that need to go look better when the top and middle are fuller and more lovely. You will so enjoy your WELL DESERVED and glorious cut from Chaz when you are able to get it. I hope you get to have a magical day like Suz did soon! Do you have a timetable of when you might be able to do it?

You also remind me how I wish we had befores and afters for our awesome Wen board. We have all had such a wonderful benefit from our shared experience.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @yisbuff2. Support. And even better yet - understanding. You've got to HAVE these experiences in order to understand each other, and what we are talking about with each other.

I swear, I never thought hair was this important. Never in my life. Of course, I always tried to find a better hairdresser, better style, better color, better shampoo. But hair never WAS very important to me.

Not until WEN showed me - yes, it is. My entire looks changed and most importantly, my perception of self. And THIS has NOTHING to do with vanity, far from it! It is more like being able to love oneself more. It almost a like magic. This is another reason why, I feel so irritated by stupid people groundless and pointless attacks. Oh, the words I REALLY would like to say to them.... but we have mods. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I currently have pixie wings and I totally embrace them! Since I wear my hair curly, either air dry or diffuse dry, I manage them pretty well. I do get many compliments, so I figure I'm doijg okay. They will probably be right where I want them in another 2 months or so, but until then, I'm rockin' my wings baby!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I currently have pixie wings and I totally embrace them! Since I wear my hair curly, either air dry or diffuse dry, I manage them pretty well. I do get many compliments, so I figure I'm doijg okay. They will probably be right where I want them in another 2 months or so, but until then, I'm rockin' my wings baby!

Your hair looks super cute in your pic....I can only wear mine chin length, (although I love long hair) just not on me...At least mine is curly now thanks to Wen!

Trusted Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

Yes, @yisbuff2. Support. And even better yet - understanding. You've got to HAVE these experiences in order to understand each other, and what we are talking about with each other.

I swear, I never thought hair was this important. Never in my life. Of course, I always tried to find a better hairdresser, better style, better color, better shampoo. But hair never WAS very important to me.

Not until WEN showed me - yes, it is. My entire looks changed and most importantly, my perception of self. And THIS has NOTHING to do with vanity, far from it! It is more like being able to love oneself more. It almost a like magic. This is another reason why, I feel so irritated by stupid people groundless and pointless attacks. Oh, the words I REALLY would like to say to them.... but we have mods. Woman LOL

I hear that @sonechko! Yesterday I was speaking with my class about aesthetics as a philosophical virtue. Beauty has meaning! Not beauty as in conforming to arbitrary standards set by a society (although those may be fine), but rather a cultivation of the self, of the world, of others, to nurture an ethical relation to that which inspires, edifies, and gives us joy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Spring 2016 hints

[ Edited ]

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

I hear that @sonechko! Yesterday I was speaking with my class about aesthetics as a philosophical virtue. Beauty has meaning! Not beauty as in conforming to arbitrary standards set by a society (although those may be fine), but rather a cultivation of the self, of the world, of others, to nurture an ethical relation to that which inspires, edifies, and gives us joy.

"Beauty has meaning! Not beauty as in conforming to arbitrary standards............ but rather a cultivation of the self, of the world, of others, to nurture an ethical relation to that which inspires, edifies, and gives us joy."

Thank you so much @yisbuff2 for these words! So beautifully expressed coming from a Professor! I could not compose my thoughts in these all-encompassing words, but this is my exact understanding of meaning how I am feeling about a subject above. I love how your mind works Yisbuff! Thanks! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Spring 2016 hints

[ Edited ]

For those with the pixie wings and doggie ears! i.e. for those Ladies Wenners with hair in-between stages! I did suggest earlier to wear a baseball cap, a wig, a bucket, babushka scarf - whatever you can find! I know, I know... I am kidding mostly, but I find something that may work in those neither here nor there stages!

And this something that may work. This is a super nice and fashionable, up-to-date Bandana! It can be any natural cotton, or silk fabric, any color, any texture, any style.

But I found one from Australia actually, well at least this is looks like a new company from Australia.  A company down in Florida sells them too.

They are made from my favorite BAMBOO fabric! "Bambooty Headgear". They also make some clothing from this fabric. I am interested, but do not like their hippy prints.

Bamboo Fiber Material, Soft as silk, wicks 3x better than cotton, natural UV Protectant, anti-microbrial and hypo-allergenic. Check it out:

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@yisbuff2 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

"Beauty has meaning! Not beauty as in conforming to arbitrary standards............ but rather a cultivation of the self, of the world, of others, to nurture an ethical relation to that which inspires, edifies, and gives us joy."

Thank you so much @yisbuff2 for these words! So beautifully expressed coming from a Professor! I could not compose my thoughts in these all-encompassing words, but this is my exact understanding of meaning how I am feeling about a subject above. I love how your mind works Yisbuff! Thanks! Smiley Happy

@sonechko, I love the way you described how your "Wen difference" has changed the way you feel about your hair and really boosted your whole outlook in general. -- For everyone, but women in particular, a great hair day really boosts our mood and out general morale. And as you indicated, Chaz really understands this and makes us so grateful that he cares so much about making sure he gives us the very best products he can create for our hair. Smiley Happy

@yisbuff2, like sonechko, I really appreciated the way you described what true beauty means and what a positive force it can be. I appreciate your the way you infuse academic ideas with breadth and vitality. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy