WEN

Contributor
Hi I was thinking about using one of my remoist masks as a facial mask (I think I read here that some of you have done that). I noticed that the remoist masks have menthol - at least it’s not at the top of the list - sort of in the middle. What are your thoughts on menthol.
thanks to all who reply🙂
Honored Contributor

@anonymous 8 

I've never had a problem using the Remoist as a facial mask.  If you're sensitive perhaps start out with 5 minutes & if no reaction progress to 10 minutes and so on.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

@anonymous 8 - I've never had a problem using the remoist as a mask but I don't have sensitive skin or any reactions to menthol.

Try doing as @SurferWife recommends starting with just a few minutes and building up the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@anonymous 8  wrote:

. . .

I noticed that the remoist masks have menthol - at least it’s not at the top of the list - sort of in the middle. What are your thoughts on menthol.
thanks to all who reply

In small amounts, Menthol has skin benefits but it is derived from peppermint, so just keep anything containing menthol away from your eyes.

Other than that, an occasional Remoist facial mask should be fine, and smell heavenly ☺.

Honored Contributor

@anonymous 8 This doesn't answer your question as to the remoist for a facial mask and menthol, but have you tried 613 cleansing conditioner as a mask? if that is one of the CC's you might have on hand, you might find you like it.

I find 613 does a wonderful job as a mask. It is already very concentrated. I don't water it down, just smear it all over my face and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.

I suppose you could do that with any of his CC's; however, several years ago he mentioned using 613 as a facial mask, long before he started the Bella Spirit line.

Esteemed Contributor

I do use the 613 body wash as a restorative facial mask, and have 613_body_cleansing_treatment_16oz_1266.png for years. 

Unlike the Remoist, the body wash ingredients include sodium hyaluronate and are made for application to skin.

If you know anyone who needs to use an acne wash or other harsh skin treatment, tell them to follow up with a mask of 613 body wash.

Applied to warm, moist skin, it calms & reverses the irritation.

Still, to your point, an occasional Remoist mask should be fine.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@anonymous 8 This doesn't answer your question as to the remoist for a facial mask and menthol, but have you tried 613 cleansing conditioner as a mask? if that is one of the CC's you might have on hand, you might find you like it.

I find 613 does a wonderful job as a mask. It is already very concentrated. I don't water it down, just smear it all over my face and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.

I suppose you could do that with any of his CC's; however, several years ago he mentioned using 613 as a facial mask, long before he started the Bella Spirit line.

@World Traveler 

I ❤️❤️❤️ using the 613 CC as a facial mask!!  The results are incredible and can rival any skin care hydration mask!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Wen ? RE menthol

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife Totally agree. Using the 613 cleansing conditioner as a mask saves you from getting another product to do the same thing!

How long do you leave it on? It doesn't have to be kept on as long as the 20-30 minutes I do; it just feels so good I keep it on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen ? RE menthol

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

@SurferWife Totally agree. Using the 613 cleansing conditioner as a mask saves you from getting another product to do the same thing!

How long do you leave it on? It doesn't have to be kept on as long as the 20-30 minutes I do; it just feels so good I keep it on.

@World Traveler 

I typically apply it in the shower and leave it on for the duration.  I rinse it off last thing as I'm rinsing out #2 cleanse.  I guesstimate ~15 minutes.