WEN

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Today I rec'd my SGGT order from Chaz' website. At 50% off I couldn't pass up on trying this scent. I ordered it in the 16oz CC, 6oz RTM and 1oz oil. The CC and RTM seem to smell similar. The oil smelled off, so I think its just too old to get a true scent anymore. (Maybe the 4oz size is fresher, but that size has been out of stock.) 

Anyways, I really like the scent. Before I become a Wen user, I frequently used Alterna's Caviar products. This SGGT smells identical to those products. Has anyone else ever used/smelled the Caviar products in the past to say if they agree with this or not? I am asking bc I think the Caviar products are a bergamot and green tea fragrance mix. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if gardenia and bergamot smell similar or if the green tea is very strong in the SGGT and thats the familiar scent I am picking up between the 2 products. Just curious bc I am not a flower person and know many of you ladies are. 

Even if no one here can answer my question above, I still love the SGGT. I already ordered a 32oz CC and another 6oz RTM. Can't believe how much I am really liking these spring scents. What a pleasant surprise. 

@AmericanBulldogMom  Wow. I'm glad I ordered my 4 oz. SGGT oil on one of the first days that it was available. I bought a bottle from QVC last year but it smelled like absolutely nothing and it was really old too so I returned it and exchanged it for an SOB oil instead. I can't say that the SGGT oil that I received from Chaz's site is super strong but it at least smells vaguely like the CC.

I've never tried any Alterna products so I don't know what they smell like but I like that the SGGT CC scent isn't super strong.

Honored Contributor

Today I rec'd my SGGT order from Chaz' website. At 50% off I couldn't pass up on trying this scent. I ordered it in the 16oz CC, 6oz RTM and 1oz oil. The CC and RTM seem to smell similar. The oil smelled off, so I think its just too old to get a true scent anymore. (Maybe the 4oz size is fresher, but that size has been out of stock.) 

Anyways, I really like the scent. Before I become a Wen user, I frequently used Alterna's Caviar products. This SGGT smells identical to those products. Has anyone else ever used/smelled the Caviar products in the past to say if they agree with this or not? I am asking bc I think the Caviar products are a bergamot and green tea fragrance mix. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if gardenia and bergamot smell similar or if the green tea is very strong in the SGGT and thats the familiar scent I am picking up between the 2 products. Just curious bc I am not a flower person and know many of you ladies are. 

Even if no one here can answer my question above, I still love the SGGT. I already ordered a 32oz CC and another 6oz RTM. Can't believe how much I am really liking these spring scents. What a pleasant surprise. 

@AmericanBulldogMom What I smell the most in SGGT is the Gardenia but it is cut nicely with the green tea which gives it a slight green edge to it. If that makes sense? That is what my nose detects. It has been years and years since I tried Alterna's caviar products so I cannot remember enough to compare the two. Sorry!

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom  Wow. I'm glad I ordered my 4 oz. SGGT oil on one of the first days that it was available. I bought a bottle from QVC last year but it smelled like absolutely nothing and it was really old too so I returned it and exchanged it for an SOB oil instead. I can't say that the SGGT oil that I received from Chaz's site is super strong but it at least smells vaguely like the CC.

I've never tried any Alterna products so I don't know what they smell like but I like that the SGGT CC scent isn't super strong.

@HSB1204 Thanks. I will watch to see if the SGGT 4oz oil ever comes back in stock on Chaz' site. Also, I had a similar thing happen with the SHL oil I ordered from QVC a few wks ago. It was old and smelled bad so I returned it. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom What I smell the most in SGGT is the Gardenia but it is cut nicely with the green tea which gives it a slight green edge to it. If that makes sense? That is what my nose detects. It has been years and years since I tried Alterna's caviar products so I cannot remember enough to compare the two. Sorry!

@HappyDaze No worries 😉 Thanks for letting me know what scents you pick up. It actually is helpful. 

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 Thanks. I will watch to see if the SGGT 4oz oil ever comes back in stock on Chaz' site. Also, I had a similar thing happen with the SHL oil I ordered from QVC a few wks ago. It was old and smelled bad so I returned it. 

@AmericanBulldogMom  That is annoying. I decided to order another bottle of SHL oil since I've almost used up my current bottle. It came yesterday and I was surprised to see that it was manufactured in January of this year. I was a little worried that I might get an old one.

I don't know how one person gets old, bad product and another gets a fresh bottle but the same thing happened last year with the SGGT oil. After I returned mine I didn't want to take my chances so that's why I opted for the SOB oil but others said that they got a fresh SGGT oil that had been manufactured in 2016. If I could have been sure that I could have returned my old, bad bottle and gotten a fresh one I would have done that but who wants to potentially get another old, bad bottle?

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom  That is annoying. I decided to order another bottle of SHL oil since I've almost used up my current bottle. It came yesterday and I was surprised to see that it was manufactured in January of this year. I was a little worried that I might get an old one.

I don't know how one person gets old, bad product and another gets a fresh bottle but the same thing happened last year with the SGGT oil. After I returned mine I didn't want to take my chances so that's why I opted for the SOB oil but others said that they got a fresh SGGT oil that had been manufactured in 2016. If I could have been sure that I could have returned my old, bad bottle and gotten a fresh one I would have done that but who wants to potentially get another old, bad bottle?

@HSB1204 I too was afraid of getting another old bottle of SHL, so I also decided to return it instead of exchanging it. I did order the ODO 3 pc kit in SHL that included the oil, and luckily that bottle of SHL oil was manufactured in January 2017, so I guess it worked out okay. But, yeah, I can't figure out the dating and how some get old and some get new. Frustrating! I hold that against QVC though, never Chaz.

Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@AlohaSun wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

@AlohaSun...an added bonus is I generally get my order in 2-3 days when I order from Chaz' site.  In fact, I just placed an order this morning for the POM Finishing Treatment Cream (greatest product on the planet for setting curls!).  It is the same price as on QVC ($36), plus I got free shipping from Chaz (vs. $7.46 on QVC).  I'll respond to this post the day I receive it.

@SurferWife wrote:

@AlohaSun...an added bonus is I generally get my order in 2-3 days when I order from Chaz' site.  In fact, I just placed an order this morning for the POM Finishing Treatment Cream (greatest product on the planet for setting curls!).  It is the same price as on QVC ($36), plus I got free shipping from Chaz (vs. $7.46 on QVC).  I'll respond to this post the day I receive it.

@SurferWife Just curious about the shipping and handling charges to Hawaii.

What's it like for 16 oz CCs?  Your free shipping, was that a special offer?  I was

thinking of getting the Spring Gardenia line.....it's at a very good price and my

hair can actually handle it.   No drying.

@AlohaSun...my order I placed on Chaz' website this morning just shipped & scheduled to be here Wednesday. That is pretty AWESOME customer service!!

@SurferWife I'm sorry I didn't reply soon.  Fell asleep, sorry.  That is awesome

their shipping is better than you know who.  Thanks again for your email, will be

writing to you soon.  I got carried away with LOGO and Lock & Lock purchasing

since after the Wen event.  Now I'm out of commission...dropped my laptop

on my toes...hurts like #%$@*&!  Good thing my laptop survived lol.

Honored Contributor

@AlohaSun...oh my gosh, I just had a sympathy cringe for you! Dropping anything on your toe is soooooo painful! I hope it gets better soon. Use some pomegranate oil on it to help heal the bruising, and a Mai Tai for the pain...HA!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@AlohaSun...oh my gosh, I just had a sympathy cringe for you! Dropping anything on your toe is soooooo painful! I hope it gets better soon. Use some pomegranate oil on it to help heal the bruising, and a Mai Tai for the pain...HA!

@SurferWife I know it's April but I thought I'd respond over here.  I'm one step

ahead, using TT & POM oil already with neosporin and a bandaid.  lol

About that Mai Tai hmmmm I don't drink alcohol anymore....I'll get too

wasted with a few sips!!!