WEN

Respected Contributor

Water leaking into SC bottle in shower

I am newer to WEN (June) and keep everything in the shower to use as recommended by Chaz. Yesterday, I grabbed my TT SC to use and I then noticed it had filled up with water and so I had to throw it out (which I was not happy about of course). The other products in my shower (mousse, GS, CC's) I checked right away for the same problem and luckily they were all fine.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen or did I just get a bad bottle of SC? I am surprised bc being as Chaz says to keep them in the shower I never would have thought this would happen. I can move my new bottle of SC to a spot further away from the water to avoid this happening, but was curious if this was normal or not.

Thanks for your time!
Super Contributor

Re: Water leaking into SC bottle in shower

@AmericanBulldogMom - you do have to be careful to keep your Wen products in an area of your shower where water doesn't spray down onto them.  The pumps aren't waterproof, so you do have to be a bit careful where you put them.  You can still probably use your products that have water in them, you'll just have to use more.

Just FYI, occasionally wenners who've had water get into CC have said it seemed to get moldy.  I've only heard of this happening with gallons, though, which I suppose makes sense because a gallon would be in the shower so long (6 months or so), which is a long time to have unintended water sitting in a product.  Sometimes I mix water into my CC on purpose, so this isn't a short term problem, but having water leak into the CC (or any other product for that matter) for more than a week or two is likely going to cause a problem.

Sorry you had this experience, but moving your wen to a part of your shower where it's not under the water or being sprayed will make all the difference.

Regular Contributor

I did have this happen with a gallon and mousse. I was very upset! I agree with @AmericanBulldogMom  Keep products out of the spray if you can. Sadly, my shower is  too small to keep everything out of the water line so I just keep all the styling stuff out of the shower. Chaz would be disappointed. 

Respected Contributor

Ok, thank you. It's obviously not the end of the world 😉, but good to know. I am off to do some shower rearrangement. Thank you for your help!
Contributor

I have to keep my 32 oz and gallons of cc on the shower floor and find the gallon pump really lets water in if you are not careful. I invert gallon and quart sized ziplock bags over the tops to keep water out - seems to work.

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:
Ok, thank you. It's obviously not the end of the world 😉, but good to know. I am off to do some shower rearrangement. Thank you for your help!

@AmericanBulldogMom

Well, no, not the end of the world - but no one wants their precious WEN damaged!  

I don't keep my SC in the shower at all.  CHAZ would understand. Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@ Sablesong, good to know on the gallon pumps. Luckily my 2 gallons are on the opposite end of the shower away from the water. I would hate to ruin 2 gallons. I am only out a bottle of SC before finding this out. I have since moved around my other WEN products to avoid this happening again. Thank you.

@Drythe, true! I hold my precious WEN in high regard! 😉