WEN

Respected Contributor

I think QVC was the one that dropped the ball.  There are a decent amount of items on waitList.  I'm hoping the dry oil will come back soon.  The 613 gallon among some other stuff is on too.  I think the PJP CCand NBT duo is on.  They must've not took on enough products and now we have to wait. 

Anyway, sorry for venting.  RAAAHHH!!   LOL!!!!  Anyway, I got the new brush duo and WOW!  I love them both but I love the big one!  The sculpting one is great for root lift, the other, large one is GREAT for refining and smoothing and shine, bounce, the whole bit, you know me?  LOL!!!  I get punchy when I'm tired!   anyway, yeah, and the effects stay in my hair to boot!!!  WEEE HEEE, wait a minute....waitlist, no weee heee!    LOL!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend, my Wen sisters.  XXXXOOOO

Frequent Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Anyway, I got the new brush duo and WOW!  I love them both but I love the big one!  The sculpting one is great for root lift, the other, large one is GREAT for refining and smoothing and shine, bounce, the whole bit, you know me?  LOL!!!  I get punchy when I'm tired!   anyway, yeah, and the effects stay in my hair to boot!!!  WEEE HEEE, wait a minute....waitlist, no weee heee!    LOL!!!!!!!

hi @77yangya

i got the new brush set early this week. they work well but both have a very strong odor of rubber/plastic. i tried washing them in WEN (as Chaz suggested) & airing them out, but the odor is still there.

i did a chat w/ Chaz's website & Britt said she hadn't heard that before but she would ask Chaz.

(i have the wooden round brush and the comb, but never had any odor with them.)

have you experienced that strong odor in the new brushes? 

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

I think QVC was the one that dropped the ball.  There are a decent amount of items on waitList.  I'm hoping the dry oil will come back soon.  The 613 gallon among some other stuff is on too.  I think the PJP CCand NBT duo is on.  They must've not took on enough products and now we have to wait. 

Anyway, sorry for venting.  RAAAHHH!!   LOL!!!!  Anyway, I got the new brush duo and WOW!  I love them both but I love the big one!  The sculpting one is great for root lift, the other, large one is GREAT for refining and smoothing and shine, bounce, the whole bit, you know me?  LOL!!!  I get punchy when I'm tired!   anyway, yeah, and the effects stay in my hair to boot!!!  WEEE HEEE, wait a minute....waitlist, no weee heee!    LOL!!!!!!!

@77yangya  I hope the Q hears you on the wait list Wen sister!..Smiley Happy

They could be selling a boat load of the dry oil if they would just bring it back..Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@sznk wrote:

@77yangya wrote:

Anyway, I got the new brush duo and WOW!  I love them both but I love the big one!  The sculpting one is great for root lift, the other, large one is GREAT for refining and smoothing and shine, bounce, the whole bit, you know me?  LOL!!!  I get punchy when I'm tired!   anyway, yeah, and the effects stay in my hair to boot!!!  WEEE HEEE, wait a minute....waitlist, no weee heee!    LOL!!!!!!!

hi @77yangya

i got the new brush set early this week. they work well but both have a very strong odor of rubber/plastic. i tried washing them in WEN (as Chaz suggested) & airing them out, but the odor is still there.

i did a chat w/ Chaz's website & Britt said she hadn't heard that before but she would ask Chaz.

@sznk I rec’d mine yesterday and they also have the strong odor as yours.

Frequent Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@sznk wrote:

@77yangya wrote:

... Anyway, I got the new brush duo and WOW!  I love them both but I love the big one!  The sculpting one is great for root lift, the other, large one is GREAT for refining and smoothing and shine, bounce...

hi @77yangya

@sznk I rec’d mine yesterday and they also have the strong odor as yours.

@AmericanBulldogMom  

i even aired them out in the sun for a while yesterday - no help. i'll post if i hear back from his help chat or if i find a solution. i hesitate to use chemicals to clean them becasue i don't want to damage the material on the brushes Woman Frustrated

maybe i should start a new thread for this topic but i don't want it to seem like wen-bashing - i love wen & chaz (& the Angels) but i feel like i hijacked @77yangya's thread & went off her topic.

Respected Contributor

Hi, sznk!   Yes, my brushes had that strong smell too but it starts to fade.  The wonderful results though!  I've never had brushes do what these do and they feel so soft and easy on my scalp and I REALLY rake to get down to the scalp.  Too much hair, not enough hair, whatever!!!  LOL!!!  No, seriously...mine did have that smell but it doesn't bother me.  When I'm ready to blow dry, my hair is soaked through, just not dripping.  I apply the dry oil and I spray alot!  Then I get out my trusty new Chaz brush   (eyebrows up and down)!  Then I start brushing the whole head, and wrap brushing while blow drying and oh, man!  My hair has bounce even the next day!  Anyway, what ever these are made out of, this is what is producing the smell.  It won't hurt us.

Respected Contributor

Hi AmericanBulldogMom!  No, you didn't hijack my thread, I'll just wait until we're up in a plane!  LOL!!!!  Just kidding.  No, anything can be said, it's a free forum.  I don't feel like that at all.  Yes, I did notice the smell but it smelled like something new.  It may be leather.  It had that kind of smell to me but I feel they are well made, they work like no other brush and I have at least 25 or more.  My husband said, WHAT!  More brushes?  Don't you have enough!  He was kidding me but I felt kind of ashamed, after all, he was right but these are really different.  I kind of like the smell.  Smells high class!!!

I tell ya who I'm gonna high jack, the one whose responsible for getting our dry oil back at the Q!!!!   LOL!!!! 

Regular Contributor

My dry oil order moved from "Waitlist" to "In Process" today!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Gussie2007 wrote:

Oh gosh @Gussie2007 I had hopes, but looks like 613 still on waitlist, but 319 is back?

Well maybe soon, glad yours shipped!

Respected Contributor

@Gussie2007 wrote:

Mine too. I had the 319 dry oil AD on waitlist since the 20th and just saw a little earlier it was “In Process”. 😁