WEN

Honored Contributor

Since “manufactured by” and expiration dates of WEN products seem to be an oft talked about subject, I thought I would post what I found today when I opened my Winter Vanilla Mint gallon.

Last year much was made about the probability of WVM not coming back this year.  When I saw it was available in gallons this year, I figured they would be what hadn’t sold last year.  I knew last year’s mfg. date and that was fine with me.  However, when my gallon arrived today, I was surprised to see that it was manufactured in March of 2018!

I posted this for anyone that may be interested in the WVM gallon and worried about it being old product.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @geezerette, I bet many here are pleased with what hopefully will be the continuation of this line and it's absolutely incredible scent. 

I was late to the party and did a huge "duh" when I finally tried it. My hair loves it and I find  the fragrance beguiling. Very much so, too. In spite of its candy clone, it's refreshing and kind of sexy at the same time. I'm over the moon, absolutely adore the NBT💖, the RTM and mousse are just fab too! The CC is so nice and cooling that for me it's a year round option in my shower. Silly me to have waited so long to try this wonderful suite.👍👍👍😚

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a WVM fan, but glad to hear it's still being produced for those who love it.

They're showing the blue label on photos of gallons.

Is that just for the promotional photo, or did they revert to the blue?

There is no expiration date.

There is a 'suggested use time' after a product is first opened by the consumer. 

That's mandated by law, and WEN is in compliance.

I'm going to keep repeating that because a very few individuals have confused an expiration date with a date of manufacture.

My WEN products always arrive vacuum packed. The sides of the flexible bottles are always caved in due to vacuum seal.

I opened a glass bottle of oil yesterday and heard a very slight 'shhh' of air.

I'm guilty of opening more WEN faster than i use it up, so I still have a few things I opened in 2014, that were manufactured ...? before that.

I store them in a cool area and watch them for any sign of product degradation.

As long as there's no change in color, texture, odor, or functionality I'll keep using them.

But once it's past the point of being opened two years, I apply the same simple, common sense rule i use for food.

"If in doubt, throw it out".  💙

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

I'm not a WVM fan, but glad to hear it's still being produced for those who love it.

They're showing the blue label on photos of gallons.

Is that just for the promotional photo, or did they revert to the blue?

There is no expiration date.

There is a 'suggested use time' after a product is first opened by the consumer. 

That's mandated by law, and WEN is in compliance.

I'm going to keep repeating that because a very few individuals have confused an expiration date with a date of manufacture.

My WEN products always arrive vacuum packed. The sides of the flexible bottles are always caved in due to vacuum seal.

I opened a glass bottle of oil yesterday and heard a very slight 'shhh' of air.

I'm guilty of opening more WEN faster than i use it up, so I still have a few things I opened in 2014, that were manufactured ...? before that.

I store them in a cool area and watch them for any sign of product degradation.

As long as there's no change in color, texture, odor, or functionality I'll keep using them.

But once it's past the point of being opened two years, I apply the same simple, common sense rule i use for food.

"If in doubt, throw it out".  💙

Thats exactly why I posted.  So many people seem to get into a fizz about this, but they don’t seem to understand the difference between “manufactured” and “expired”.

The WVM gallon has the green label now.  The photos must be old.