WEN

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

@geezerette   I'll let you know if I do get the sample packets with my gallons, if I ever get them that is.  I most sincerely wish I could use the honey-containing seasonals, as SHP was my all-time top CC, performance-wise, and nearly my favorite scent as well, only being topped by WVM.  I honestly don't know what I'll do if Chaz stops making the old original seasonals now that he's doing new fall and winter formulas, I will have to drop back to only using the classic formulas and WWF if he keeps making it.  I can also use BGT and FF in the rice formulas, and 319/613 in the soy formulas, but man will I miss my Fall Ginger Pumpkin and Winter Vanilla Mint if they do go away!!!

@CamilleP 

I can sympathize with you and the honey because I'm the same way with the lavender.  I loved how the new Bella Spirit left my hair, but I just can't handle the scent. I'd also like to try some of the BS facial products, but they're a no-go too for the same reason.  I'm hoping that at some point in the future he might do a fragrance free version of BS.

I also wonder about continuing to bring so many new products and scents to market.  We now have so many choices that some of the older favorites get lost in the shuffle.  I'm afraid people will be switching to the newer products and my old standbys will end up being discontinued like in so many other lines I've used.

Respected Contributor

Okay, I tried the Fall Plum Pear this morning.  WOWEEEEEE!!!  It's lovely.  Now here's what my mind gets...I'm standing in front of a fire place on a crisp, chilly Autumn morning eating a juicy, ripe plum.  It's SO enticing.  When I opened the packet and squeezed a bit out on a finger and rubbed fingers together and smelled it, I was IMMEDIATELY in love with it.  It's warm rich, decadent.  Now I know smell and all that is very different between opinions and I can't speak for anyone but I, myself am in all lthe way on this one.  I used it to cleanse my hair and body with and used it as a leave in. 

The results are just as lovely as the scent.  My hair has such shine and bounce from root to ends but after being an 11 year Wen girl, I guess my hair is always gonna be like that!  OH the smell SENDS ME!!!!!!  I hope all my Wen sisters love it as much as I do!  XXOO

Respected Contributor

@77yangyaThanks, that sounds nice. I am sure I will try it, maybe a 16oz..

I love the FTP....Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT A SURPRISE!

[ Edited ]

I tried the sample of the new Fall Plum Pear earlier today. When I sampled a bit on the back of my hand it was rather sweet and very perfumey. I could barely detect a whiff of plum, but no pear scent. It seemed more floral instead of fruit. Initial impression, meh, as I wasn't keen on it being so perfumey and a bit heady which I can be sensitive to. Nonetheless off to the shower...

Just for reference,  first cleanse was with 613 and POM. Second cleanse I used Indigo and the sample packet. Surprisingly, that heady floral perfumey scent disappeared in my wet hair. I definitely detected a soft plum and possibly a tinge of pear. I used just under 2 tbsp of FPP plus SHP SC as my leave in.The aroma was delicate and pleasant. It frothed up and rinsed easily. All while being surrounded, or better yet  enveloped by this rather intriguing subtle scent of plum.

My hair is long again,  waist length. I really needed two pkts but I can say it left my hair curly (it's not!) with long ringlet like curls in the length of my hair. That's pretty cool.

I also tested the Winter Wild Berry on my hand. I definitely smell raspberry but to me it smells tart. I've 'tasted' this smell before. On a desert where it's swirled on a plate in a pretty design with a vanilla sauce and piece of decadent flourless chocolate ganuche cake sitting on top. Or in a white chocolate raspberry mousse cake ... or both. I look forward to trying this CC too

I could smell the plum in my Aquis turbie and after when I took it off to air dry my hair. Now hours later, there's a soft scent lingering. 

Respected Contributor

@rochelleSThat was a great post about FPP scent..Smiley Happy 

looking fwd to all the new..

Esteemed Contributor

@quadmimi 

Thanks! This certainly was a surprise for me. I can still smell it on my hands too. It will most likely make a great NBT too. Very understated imo.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for the ingredient lists!  Anytime there is sandalwood or any of those heavy woodsy "warm" scents added it's a deal killer for me. The berry one looks perfect! Just berries, honey and tea .... Going to try this one for sure! 

Respected Contributor

@geezerette  I hear you!  I love the scent of lavender, but too much of it and my scalp gets irritated.  I can use the BS products because they have other compounds mixed in with the lavender, but I can't use the classic Lav CC, there's just too much of that powerful French lavender extract in it. 

I don't know if Chaz is going to be forced by the Q to quit bringing so many seasonal formulas or not, but if they go by how many sell-outs, that may save WVM, as it's one of only two seasonals to sell out.  I know Chaz loves to experiment and play around and create new seasonal scent mixes, but if he does drop too many of the older formulas, I'll be cutting way back on how much I buy, since I'm allergic to nearly all the new stuff he brings.

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

@geezerette  I hear you!  I love the scent of lavender, but too much of it and my scalp gets irritated.  I can use the BS products because they have other compounds mixed in with the lavender, but I can't use the classic Lav CC, there's just too much of that powerful French lavender extract in it. 

I don't know if Chaz is going to be forced by the Q to quit bringing so many seasonal formulas or not, but if they go by how many sell-outs, that may save WVM, as it's one of only two seasonals to sell out.  I know Chaz loves to experiment and play around and create new seasonal scent mixes, but if he does drop too many of the older formulas, I'll be cutting way back on how much I buy, since I'm allergic to nearly all the new stuff he brings.

@CamilleP 

I can fully understand and am in a somewhat similar situation myself.  Add to that my income has changed drastically lately, so my buying will have to accommodate that in the future as well.

I will be limiting myself to the few core products that work for me and that I can tolerate.  My days of trying new products just for the heck of it are over.  Not to mention that I had begun to accumulate many more products than I feel that I need or use consistently.  I'm trying to keep my life as simple as possible, so my products need to be simple and effective.  And be able to serve more than one purpose, if possible.

Add to all that some of the shipping/delivery problems the Q has been experiencing lately.  I've been lucky so far in that I haven't had anything extreme happen, but I don't want to press my luck with too many orders!😉

Respected Contributor

@geezeretteI am also limiting my ordering this June, I have such a pile of CC it's almost criminal.  Since I'm allergic to the honey compounds I can't waste my money on most of the seasonals, and since I'm also allergic to the arnica, I don't spend on the NIBT.  My hair is so stick straight that the TS does nothing for me, likewise the BS EDTC, it only does anything if I have a recent perm in my hair, which, by now, I am waaaaay past that time.  So, even though I feel guilty for not buying more things to support Chaz on the Q, I have to consider how much more CC I can use before I die.  I have enough to last me at least five years, and I am not a spring chicken, lol.

Now as an aside but a testament to Chaz's genius on my hair's appearance and quality, I was walking my two dogs one evening recently, and had on a pair of sunglasses.  I met a couple of young teen boys coming towards me.  One of them said, as they approached, "Cute dogs!"  I said "Thank you!" and just as they passed me, the other boy, with his head tilted down and slightly averted, said "Cute owner."  I was so flabbergasted I said nothing in return.  My sunglasses were hiding my crow's feet, and I was not dressed fashionably, but in my grungies to walk dogs, but my hair must have made me look A LOT younger than I am, my WEN hair took decades off my age, as I am confident I could have been the kid's grandmother.  So, Chaz, even though I did not order as much as I have in previous Junes, thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me the hair my genetics meant me to have instead of what commercial shampoo reduced it to.