WEN

Esteemed Contributor

I'm putting this info into a thread so it will be searchable in the future. I think it's especially useful to people just turning to WEN. The range of CC choices can be bewildering at first glance.

During 2019 June Gallonpalooza, QVC included the three WEN treatment levels in their promotional material. Presumably it was added to help guide new users in making a choice.

Treatment Level 1

The Classics

Treatment Level 2

The Blessing Collection

The Rice Group

PJP

Seasonals

Treatment Level 3

"The Intensives"

613  &  319

Bella Spirit

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge  So what does each level do that is different from the other levels? 

1,2,3 levels works for all hair types?

How long do you stay w/one level before you go to the next?

Thanks in advance

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Treatment Levels

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac , 

How long do you stay w/one level before you go to the next?

Not a goal to stay at, or go to another level.

Like using a menu, you pick what your hair is hungry for.

And appetites change. My hair benefits more from level 3 in winter than in summer.

1,2,3 levels works for all hair types?

Yes. Regardless of texture, porosity, fine to coarse, sparse to dense, permed or straightened, you could choose a formula from any level. But you might do a little mix&match to make it perfect.

While WEN Classics gave me better results than any shampoo ever had, they were essentially a 'disappointment' for me.

Initially, my hair needed a lot more than the Classics supplied.

But when I switched to WEN 613 it just clicked☺.

Others may start with Classics and stay there, finding their perfect match right there. They don't need more treatment than that.

So what does each level do that is different from the other levels? 

I'd say Level1 Classics do a good job cleaning my hair without causing damage to it.

They're functional cleansers, address various common hair/scalp issues, without a lot of frills.

Some hair doesn't ever need more  treatment than this.

Level 2 will also have ingredients to restore, repair, add sheen, flexibility, and manageability, reduce frizz, etc

And unlike Classics, those in Level 2 are a fragrance treat. Many people start right here and stay at this level. 

Hair that's fragile, prone to breakage, chronically parched, damaged, subjected to chemicals, styling heat, bad municipal water, harsh winds, dry environments etc may love to be babied by the richness found in treatment Level 3. 

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge 

Thanks for the detailed explanations.  Better than Chaz!  I always get so confused w/his fast talking.  Well, not really fast but rushed is the word I was looking for.

I am curious about WEN.  The only thing stoping me from purchasing is my hair needs "suds" to get the "skweeky sound" clean.

Suave Professionals shampoo & conditioner does the same thing as WEN products except w/o all the steps and their added bonus..... their shampoo is sudsy. Smiley Very Happy

Again......

TY Languages.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Treatment Levels

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac   

Like any other hairwash,

WEN is just wash, rinse, repeat. 

Sometimes it sounds overly complicated in our posts because a lot of us like to mix different formulas...

...customize & create new fragrances for ourselves...

...set aside time and use WEN as a spa-like indulgence instead of just a cleanser.

But behind our "play",  it's truly just wash, rinse, repeat.

I believe if you're squeaky clean you've stripped your hair and scalp while cleaning it. Doing that disrupts the natural oil production, and your scalp will step up pumping oil to compensate.

Your hair type will either allow your natural oils to be easily distributed down the length of the hair shaft, (think Marsha Brady hair), or not.

I'm a 'not'.

If I use a shampoo product that strips and produces the squeak, my scalp pumps out new grease that cant spread, so collects at the scalp. It can't easily spread down the hair shaft due to my curls & kinks.

Meanwhile, my stripped (squeaky) hair remains brittle from the shampoo, breaks off easily at every kink, becomes thinner over time and feels dry and sharp to the touch.

Ewww!!

I'm sticking with WEN. It's the only thing that ever made my hair feel soft and moist after it was dry.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge 

Great post...I love the breakdown of each group of Cleansers.

Fig is about the only Classic I will use...I have learned which Seasonals

work best for my ultra baby fine thin hair, (which you would think Fig would not work) but moisture is my "key" as I have no natural oil in my hair, not a drop..Smiley Happy

Thanks for the info!

Respected Contributor

Hi @Mz iMac , I noticed your post.  I'm a ten year Wen girl.  My hair does that "squeaky clean" sound.  My hair is medium texture, have a decent amount of it, it's getting below shoulder length.  While rinsing, I get my fingers underneath of it and hold it out while the water runs through my scalp.  I massage and run fingers through to the ends.  As I do this I begin to hear and feel that sound and feel my hair is completely rinsed and that if I don't use any leave in it will be too dry.  I haven't had shampoo on my hair in ten years.  I have no split ends at all and my hair is in the best shape ever.  I use them all too.  Classics, seasonals, 613, 319, Wen Men, just all of them.  Chaz has not made one that I have not tried.  I only go by the ones that I like the smell mostly of.  I used to use Suave and VO5 and my hair was so dull and dingy and I had tons of split ends.  Wen brought it back to life and even better.   My ends are as supple as my roots.  With shampoo, you can just stand in the shower and let the water basically rinse the suds off but with Wen, yes, you gotta get your hands in there and do some work but it's sooooo worth it!  I was never able to not have tangles with shampoo.  When it was time to dry it, it took almost half an hour to get all the tangles out.  With Wen there ARE no tangles and to this day I still marvel at that!